New Helmet

Printable View

• 02-13-2007
    IonicRipper
    New Helmet
    I've been riding with no helmet for about a season, but since i really want to go bigger this year, i absolutely need and want a new helmet. I was wondering if its worth spending a little more on a full-face helmet or should i just get a BMX style helmet? I dont just want to ride DJ/Urban though, i also want to start doing some light freeriding and go to trails and stuff.
  • 02-13-2007
    Lickqid
    Quote:

Originally Posted by IonicRipper
    I've been riding with no helmet for about a season, but since i really want to go bigger this year, i absolutely need and want a new helmet. I was wondering if its worth spending a little more on a full-face helmet or should i just get a BMX style helmet? I dont just want to ride DJ/Urban though, i also want to start doing some light freeriding and go to trails and stuff.

personally I would just go for a skate lid for jump/park stuff. I'll throw my D2 on when I attempt anything big, or something I'm just learning. But the comfort of a skate lid over a full face is enough to make me risk it most days.
  • 02-13-2007
    ontario_bike
    the giro flak looks pretty good. in a while im gonna pick one up. :)

• 02-13-2007
    fiddy_ryder
    i like my bell faction..
  • 02-13-2007
    snaky69
    Skid lid always works.
  • 02-13-2007
    BikeSATORI
    yeah, I'd like to have both, but just the skate bucket right now....
    really wish I could afford a D2, but right now I'm looking at the Azonic Fury full-face for this season for FR/shuttling, and will just throw on the skate lid if I decide to wear a helmet when doing anything else.
    they are both gonna be hot in summer though, (yeah, I don't know why I chose black...), but I can't stand the roadie/xc head wedges...