New Helmet- Mtbr.com

Thread: New Helmet

40 oz to freedom

New Helmet

Alright guys, I've been wearing a protec skate lid for a while now and its a no go. It doesn't offer the kind of protection that I need when riding. By that I mean the impact protection, I am fine with the skate cut but I cant be wearing one with the skate padding.

So I have found a few helmets that I like and want your opinions on. First on my list is the 661 06 Dirt lid in pink. Its pretty cheap and nothings wrong with a little bit of pink. It also is one size fits all with the adjustable pads which is pretty cool.

Next is the Azonic Surround Sound helmet. I mean come on, having speakers in your helmet is pretty damn cool. The only thing I would be worried about is protecting my Ipod. I think a nice hard case should protect it though, right?

The Protec B2 Alistair Whitton looks pretty sweet. The Protec Ace Ryan Guettler also looks really good.

So what do you guys think of these helmets? They are all pretty nice looking and I cant choose one over the others. Are there any in the group that you defiantly wouldn't recommend?

Thanks for the help!
    Looking for a used DH/FR bike, have 1500 PM me with anything you've got

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    As far as the Dirt lid, unless your head is really big it looks huge on your head. The Azonic is cool its surround sound is almost too good, almost distracting.

40 oz to freedom
    Well I wear a Large Protec Ace Skate so I think it should be fine. I would be going to a shop and trying this out but my LBS only has the incredibly uncomfortable Bell helmets.

So for the Azonic, is it fine if its not too loud?
    Looking for a used DH/FR bike, have 1500 PM me with anything you've got

Aug 2005
    stay with protec, the B2 looks sick

Meh.
    I think the Zoo York helmet is the lowest profile one.

Members who have read this thread: 0