New Helmet?- Mtbr.com

Thread: New Helmet?

mtbr member

New Helmet?

Or at least, new to me. Advertised at 246g which is pretty light, I think. It's also expensive, I don't know the retail price but the QBP price is $86 and my Lazer Blade was I think about $76.

Anyone know if it's any good? Looks simple enough...
    Last edited by Ultra Magnus; 07-29-2009 at 10:09 AM.
    "I've come to believe that common sense is not that common" - Matt Timmerman

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    looks ugly enough

Faller - Expert Class
    I think I'll stick with my Atmos!

BMC FourStroke

Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider188a
    well just get your asses some juicy 7s and huck down a mountain. thoose v brakes will snap like my butt

LA CHÈVRE
    Yuck, looks 10 years old.
    I like the Catlike Whisper... Don't know how much it weighs though.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    I saw those in the tour and wondered who made them. I don't have my mind made up wheter I like it or not. Here's a couple more pics of the ironman helmet, $160 MSRP. Definately priced in the high end price range

Here's the QBP description:

Ironman Kona Helmets feature Sure Fit pinch retention system and include a Helmet Pod carrying case.

25 vent MAXX air flow system, in-mold with Dura Shell technology
    Full padded head ring for custom fit
    CoolMax comfort padding
    Sure Fit pinch retention system
    Reflectek reflective material can be seen from 200 yards away
    Internal roll cage skeletal protection with carbon fiber support for extra strength
    Helmet Pod carrying case included
    Weight 246g
    Small fits 51-55cm, Medium fits 55-59cm, Large fits 59-63cm
    Last edited by Ultra Magnus; 07-29-2009 at 10:09 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    look into the tec r5 - 235 grams in its biggest size and would cost you maybe 50 bucks. i quite like the look aswell.

Alright, let's ride!
    Just so you know posting the QBP prices in a public forum is considered very unethical. You might want to check on getting that post edited.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LowCel
    Just so you know posting the QBP prices in a public forum is considered very unethical. You might want to check on getting that post edited.
    Unethical to whom? Us who use the forums or retailers who jack up their margins on stuff they sell from QBP?

Alright, let's ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by bhsavery
    Unethical to whom? Us who use the forums or retailers who jack up their margins on stuff they sell from QBP?
    Those who make their living in the bike industry. Wholesale prices are supposed to be kept private.

As a consumer you have the ability to shop around for the best price and often times can find the item near or even below wholesale via the internet or ebay. Just because the price from a shop seems high to you doesn't mean they are intending to rip you off. They are probably just trying to keep their doors open and food on the table.
    Last edited by LowCel; 04-06-2006 at 07:15 AM.

mtbr member
    Sorry. Missed the memo.

I've often found that many components can be found at places like Beyond Bikes and Supergo and lower prices than QBP sells them. Makes you wonder how the small LBS stays in business. As much fun as it might be, I can't see how you can earn a living when 90% of people buying bikes shop at walmart anyway, and the rest shop online.

BM

Edit: I just tried and can't edit my original post for some reason.... Sorry...

Alright, let's ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmadau
    Sorry. Missed the memo.

I've often found that many components can be found at places like Beyond Bikes and Supergo and lower prices than QBP sells them. Makes you wonder how the small LBS stays in business. As much fun as it might be, I can't see how you can earn a living when 90% of people buying bikes shop at walmart anyway, and the rest shop online.
    It's not easy. Here is one example. I run campy on my road bikes. I just recently built up a new one using Campy Centaur. I priced everything through QBP then I priced it on-line. I actually saved about 20% by buying the group from www.11speed.com compared to buying it wholesale. This savings was even after paying the import fees.

Members who have read this thread: 0