Needing Good Pedaling Knee Pads- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2014

Needing Good Pedaling Knee Pads

As the title says.
    These will be for riding out in Bentonville.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Really like my Enduras and I'll often forget I'm wearing them on big rides, which is exactly what you want IME.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Never ridden Bentonville, but the videos look like mainly trail/xc type with the options for some decent sized jumps or features. Are you looking for more trail or jump protection? I have the ion kpact zip that work well for me in PA. Rides are mainly trail w some jumps and drops mixed in, and I am happy with both the comfort pedaling and protection in falls. I've "tested" them twice. I still have a nice size lump on my shin from the harder fall over a month ago but nothing on my knees. My right knee would have been shredded without pads, but I can't really compare the ions to others, as these are my first and only. They run a bit small so if close to upper limit of size I'd size up.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I ride mostly XC. After a serious knee injury, I am never riding without knee pads again. I have G forms and like them for pedaling/long rides. Recently picked up a pair of Leatt Airflex Pros. Only two rides with them. Already like them for pedaling a little better than the G forms. They stay in place well and the open space on the back helps with thermal regulation.

urmb
    “How inappropriate to call this planet "Earth," when it is clearly "Ocean.”
    ― Arthur C. Clarke

Robertson
    Always ride with kneepads. For very chill stuff I use the Specialized Atlas. By far the most comfortable pedaling kneepads I've used, protection is ok not great. Next up is Leatt Airflex Pro, good protection/pedaling balance, my go to for all mountain/enduro rides. Final is some 7idp hardshell pads, more burly, use for parks or shuttle or really aggressive riding. I've ridden in Bentonville and the Specialized pads would be perfect for those trails

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I use the Ion K-Pac non zip version and can wear and ride in them all day. Don't feel they are on. My first set of knee pads but I tried on at least 10 different sets before settling on the Ions. They seemed to be the only ones that stayed up or didn't slip down so easily when pulled on.
    Pole Evolink 140