Need some tough gloves for Urban/DJ- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Need some tough gloves for Urban/DJ

Hey guys, could you recommend some tough gloves for Urban/DJ? The gloves my LBS carry looks like they are only road bike and don't look too durable, for when I take those spills. I ripped a hole in my last pair on a crash but just kept riding, but then when I got a flat one time I took them off and put them on the handle bars to walk back. Looked at the bars and noticed one of them was gone
    Bikes represent the mentality that the world is a place meant to be explored and enjoyed

LCA
    Local Shop Abuser
    Apr 2009
    Definitely check out some FOX Dirtpaws. They are dirt biking gloves but they are well padded and have great grip. Been using them for a good 2 months and haven't had any problems yet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Dirtpaws are great ive had mine for 2 seasons and they still are going good

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I have a pair of pryme gloves - dem bones. Pretty comfortable, I just got them though, so I'm not sure on durability.

mtbr member
    I've got some Shadow Conspiracy BMX gloves that have held up great through more eating-of-sh!t than I care to remember.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Sweet deal. Any good websites I should check out for those?
    Bikes represent the mentality that the world is a place meant to be explored and enjoyed

i also unicycle
    Jan 2007
    i've always like the 661 gloves for grip and durability. not very padded, most models anyway, which i like for more tech type riding. big cushy pads get in the way unless i'm riding xc or road or something. i just grabbed these in red and so far they're awesome.
    http://sixsixone.com/Catalog_661Bike...a-9c5783dc5e12
    mtbr says you should know: i work in a bike shop.
    bikes & beers (on my blog) http://idontrideenough.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    i got mine from empirebmx.com but they don't seem to have the Shadow gloves anymore. Bummer because mine are starting to smell pretty bad

Apr 2009
    i wear these mechanix work gloves when im riding my bobber cause i run hockey tape for grips bu these are very well fitted and you have great finger movement and its really tough http://garage.mechanix.com/detail.aspx?ID=86

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GorillaTactics
    I've got some Shadow Conspiracy BMX gloves that have held up great through more eating-of-sh!t than I care to remember.
    x2

My Shadow gloves have been the best pair of gloves I have owned! I've done landscaping, warehouse work, and ride in them almost everyday for the last 7 months and not a single tear or thin spot anywhere. Much better than the 661 gloves I have owned in the past.

Members who have read this thread: 0