Need New Shoes.....What Runs Wide?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Need New Shoes.....What Runs Wide?

I've had a pair of 661 Stinger shoes for about 5 years now, but they're done. Ripped and worn - I need to replace them. I don't want to spend more that $100, they need to be wide and I want to fit into a 44 (my street shoe size is between 10.5/11).

What fits wide? I've been recommended the Northwave Lizzard. Anyone own these?

Do 661 shoes still fit wide? Anything else?

Thanks
    Vermonter - bikes, beers and skis.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by VTSession
    I've had a pair of 661 Stinger shoes for about 5 years now, but they're done. Ripped and worn - I need to replace them. I don't want to spend more that $100, they need to be wide and I want to fit into a 44 (my street shoe size is between 10.5/11).

What fits wide? I've been recommended the Northwave Lizzard. Anyone own these?

Do 661 shoes still fit wide? Anything else?

Thanks
    Lake offers wide widths in many models including the $100 MX101
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    I believe for Sidi they have a mega size for wider feet.
    ~Dont taze me Bro~

mtbr member
    May 2007
    sidi has wide but they are expensive ($250 for dominators). Bontrager has a new shoe line out that are wider.

mtbr member
    Forte - the Performance brand runs wider than most.

Jun 2009
    I second the Lake reccomendation. My husband just bought the Lake mx170 ($129.99) in the normal width and they were wider than the Sidi megas. Also the real kangaroo leather of the lakes allow for stretching of toes. The MX 170 came with two sets of toe spikes and have a Vibram rubber bottom that doesn't slip on rocks like Sidis.

He's tried the Forte shoes and they were wider than Shimanos, but not wider than Sidi or Lake.

mtbr member
    Shimano runs wide. I picked up a pair of M076 for less than $100. They didn't have the fancy buckle, just the three velcro straps.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I just ordered some Sidi Doms from my lbs. I have large feet but not freakishly wide so I got a normal 48. After a few rides Ive found the shoe to be too tight and now have a numb big toe. If you decide to go Sidi Id def get their wider width. Great shoe though expensive

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodyknee
    Shimano runs wide. I picked up a pair of M076 for less than $100. They didn't have the fancy buckle, just the three velcro straps.
    x2. I have Shimano M86 and they fit real well. It does have the fancy buckle and they were around $99 on sale. I was really surprised that they fit my wide foot.
    GT Force 3.0
    Bridgestone MB-4
    'Vintage' Cannondale Touring

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I have a fairly wide foot and just have just gotten the specialized comps and have had good luck with them so far(100 miles or so). These are my first shoes with a buckle and I would recommend them so far.

Members who have read this thread: 0