Need new gloves, new baggies- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Need new gloves, new baggies

Ok- I seem to go through a pair of gloves every 6 months or so. I have been using the 661 Cedric Garcia gloves with the carbon / plastic knuckle guard. I like them because they are full fingered and the knuckle guards seem to save me from lots of thorns on the singles.

Granted that I am riding 10-12 hours a week, I would like a little more longevity.

Suggestions??

Now - Baggies for the height challenged:

I got two pair of Novara (REI's house brand) baggies with attached liners. The Rail Double is a great pair of shorts but a little heavy and too long for for a 5'2' guys like me.Sold them to my ridding buddy who is a bit over 6 ft tall.

The Novara Exposure have the same great liner with good chamois, lighter, a little less long and baggy. I am keeping them.

ALso, you cannot beat the retutn policy: ride 'em, likeem - then keep them. If not, wash them a return them. No problem.

So, who makes a great pair of baggies, not too heavy, with an attached liner w/ chamois that are cut short in the crotch??My bro has a pair of Fox Base '07 maybe - and they aer not made anywhere as well as the Novara - not in outer shell, liner, nor chamois...but they have a nice short crotch.

Let's hear what ya' got.

Live to Ride.Ride to Live

Oakley Ballistic 3.6

Got a pair for 3 months, these are the best pants i owned to far.
    Lightweight, with detachable chamois, adjustable sizing, zippered vents and pockets, the fabric is very pleasant, great quality!!

Highly recommended!
    I'd like to meet the guy who invented beer and see what he's working on now.

mtbr member
    I should retitile this post.

Shorts needed for a short guy!!

Those look great but look long!!

When discussing it on a ride with my bro, I mentioned that many shorts are 10 inch inseam and some 14. He said "Go for the 14 inch and then you can have them cuffed and wear them with a suit jacket!!"

Nuf said.

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by yehudanachum
    I should retitile this post.

Shorts needed for a short guy!!

Those look great but look long!!

When discussing it on a ride with my bro, I mentioned that many shorts are 10 inch inseam and some 14. He said "Go for the 14 inch and then you can have them cuffed and wear them with a suit jacket!!"

Nuf said.
    I'm not considered short but I hate these long baggies that go way past the knees. I rode those Fox shorts for a while, but your right... there fairly disposable. I recently got a pair of those Novaro from REI "not sure which" and they fit awsome. I love the length. My riding buddy (SomethingClever) likes the baggies from Spec, and has them himmed. They look perfect, so maybe you could just pay 6 bucks and have them done by a pro. Unless your wife or mom could do it.

As for gloves I go through a pair about every month so don't ask me.
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

mtbr member
    Agreed- the inseam can be altered.

The crotch length that snags on the saddle and gets ya' killed....cannot be altered.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    shorts: try some nemas on. zoic's are also pretty short overall, at least my older ones were.

gloves: just picked up a new set of kona cowen's last week. super comfy but no idea about longevity. always had good luck with fox too. however my 661's did not prove to be a good long term investment. after about 4 months, im still waiting for a email answer or return phone call despite several attempts to contact them. guess whos not gettin my biz any longer?
    No, I'm NOT back!

Members who have read this thread: 0