need help with full face helmet- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011

need help with full face helmet

I'm considering getting a full face helmet. I have a regular helmet that I've been using for a while, but am considering one of these for when I do more technical rides. I was wondering what people's experiences with these full face helmets are and if they are entirely necessary.

I can pick from the list provided on this website: http://www.artscyclery.com/catpage-D...rumb=MTBHELMET

as I get a deal from them thanks to connections; price isn't a problem. I don't really want to buy the most expensive one assuming that the price will make the difference; I'm just looking for input
    thanks!

considering the Six Six One Flight 2 and the Fox Rampage, but if the Troy Lee D3 is really worth it, I may consider that. (I kind of doubt that the extra money really makes a big difference though)

I mostly do light free ride and all mountain

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    i heard there are light all-mountain fullface helmets on their way. or maybe even already released. i ll ask a friend as soon as i c him. he should be able to tell me some names.

from what i hear the Specialized Deviant could be a good choice for your intended use.

"Its All Good"
    I have to say, if you can afford one, would totally go a TLD Carbon helmet... I had others before going TLD, dam expensive, but so so worth it... I dont have a new D3, dont use it enough to warrant a D3, well they were not around when I bought my carbon D2.....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    thanks, I'm going to go in and check out the D3 today. I'm honestly leaning on the Giro Remedy or the Fox Rampage. Money is not the biggest priority, but I had also wanted to pick up some Straitline's and a few tools. We'll see though, if that D3 is worth it then I'll get it. I'd end up only paying about 60% of that price, so it isn't too bad.

bikeboatbrewski
    I have the Specklized carbon Deviant, first model, and it is light and strong. The newer model is more comfortable. It has saved my grill on at least one occasion.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I have a D2 and wouldn't trade it for anything. On extremely warm days I go with the Giro Remedy Carbon but it doesn't fit as well or feel nearly as secure as the TD.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    thanks for the input. didn't go to the bike shop today, I might tomorrow afternoon. It depends really. I'm getting 5 yards of some heavy soil and I'm going to get started on a little course. it will take time and more dirt than this 5 yards and what I've already got; but you get the point. going to need a motorized compactor.
    anyways, I'm considering this D3 greatly. I realize it is expensive, but it will cost me less. My main concern with this full face helmets is how much more I will be sweating. not only that, but a lot more heat in general will be retained within my body while riding.
    that is the main turnoff, furthermore I am not looking forward to also having to get some goggles to accommodated the helmet; as I already purchased some Smith Pivlock V90s. oh well, if I like the helmet a lot I'll get it. can anyone recommend any goggles from here: http://www.artscyclery.com/catpage-M...mb=EYEWGLASSES
    I can have them order things

would it be fine to just use my snowboarding goggles? i got some pretty nice ones

Members who have read this thread: 0