Need a helmet for my giant head- Mtbr.com
    Derptastic

Need a helmet for my giant head

Recently ordered the 661 Dirt Lid Helmet from Price Point during the sale they have going on currently. Turns out, one size doesn't exactly fit all. Any other bobble head shaped people out there that can recommend a helmet that'll protect my ginormous melon?

Preferably the same kind of style. Not into the areo look.

Thanks!

Derptastic
    Just measured: 62cm or 24.25in

I've read Bern helmets don't fit big heads well. Shame

Edit: Looking at the Giro Flak and Fox Transition. Can any big heads verify that the sizes they list are accurate? None of the LBS near me carry these/have them in stock, so online is my only/best option.
    Last edited by Nadric; 04-13-2011 at 06:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    My fellow large headed brother. I can't remember the model exactly but I picked up a Giro. Whatever they have around $40 was the one I went with. Only helmet that I tried on that felt comfortable to me.

mtbr member
    I've read that T.H.E fits large heads well, im about 59cm and looking to get one found one(F14) for $64 shipped at bikebling.com with a coupon code of "hookup" for %10 off

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I'm close to that size (61cm I think) and wear a Giro Xen in Large.

mtbr member
    Fox Flux.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I have a large head as well, can't wear baseball caps because none of them fit. I have a Trek helmet, can't remember the model, but it fits me fine.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Maui323
    Fox Flux.
    Really? I was dead set on getting the flux, but when I put it on it was the most uncomfortable helmet I tried on. Wish it would have worked for my head too.

Derptastic
    I ended up ordering the 2011 Fox Transition, they claim to fit up to 25 1/8 inch noggins. Should be here in a day or two.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadric
    Recently ordered the 661 Dirt Lid Helmet from Price Point during the sale they have going on currently. Turns out, one size doesn't exactly fit all. Any other bobble head shaped people out there that can recommend a helmet that'll protect my ginormous melon?

Preferably the same kind of style. Not into the areo look.

Thanks!

i have a big head and wear the fox flux. ordered the poc trabec race a while back, can't wait to see how it fits.

mtbr member
    I too have a big head(for my size 5'4" w/ 58/59cm head)
    I tried on a Bell XLV and it actually fit pretty good! Would have bought one.... but my LBS were sold out....
    Tell us hot the Fox Fits, Its been a pain in on my head trying to find anything that fits my head.

Derptastic
    Well to my surprise the helmet was waiting for me at my door when I got home from work. It looks a lot better than the 661 did (got the matte black color), and actually fits really well with the thinner pads provided. My search is over!

mtbr member
    not sure of the actual measurement but i wear a size 8 hat, its up there in the 24-25" range. i'll have to look at the fox flux.

EDIT: after checking out the fox website i'll look into the transition instead. XC helmets don't do anything for me.
    Diamondback Assault dirt jumper, hayes, shimano, saint, etc...
    Trailhound Smokers, competition BBQ team.

Derptastic
    I just wanted to post again now that I've worn the helmet out on a couple rides. Fit is fantastic, and it looks good too. Really recommend it for those who are cranially gifted like me.

Members who have read this thread: 0