Need A Helmet- Mtbr.com

Thread: Need A Helmet

mtbr member

Need A Helmet

speaks for itself really, need a fairly cheap helmet to protect my head, preferably available from a UK online/shop like chainreactioncycles.com, wiggle.co.uk etc etc. Theres just so many to choose from. Have looked at 661's as i recognise the name, but other than that i have no clue about helmets. Would prefer a lid to full face though
    i ride my bi*ch hard

Jun 2005
    661, protec, bell all good.. pic one that fits you best because they all have a bit different shape to them.

stupid fresh!!
    i got a bell and so far its allright besides the rising, it just kinda starts to float up on your head, friend has one and said his did that too and that they just have to get broken in...

Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mack-a-nator
    i got a bell and so far its allright besides the rising, it just kinda starts to float up on your head, friend has one and said his did that too and that they just have to get broken in...
    how do u break in a helmat? lol ..besides actually breaking it?

stupid fresh!!
    the pads inside........

Jun 2005
    mine doesnt rise or float.. probably the shape of your head..

Jul 2005
    have the bell too. they are pretty nice lids, like mack said i think when the pads are new they can rise up your head a bit depending on how they fit you...mine has pretty much molded to the shape of my head now so it is like a perfect feel. lots of good lids out there...giro has some cool ones too. just check a few out and see how they fit.

mtbr member
    i had a strange feeling that everyone would suggest trying them on. Makes sense really, it just means that i'll have to find a decent shop that actually sells decent bikes and accessories as all my local shops sell cheap crappy helmets. (kids, road and XC bikes)
    i ride my bi*ch hard

Members who have read this thread: 0