Need Clear Lens / Safety Glasses Reco- Mtbr.com
    I'm in...
    Jan 2011

Need Clear Lens / Safety Glasses Reco

OK. I've lost 2 pairs of glasses that were in the $100+ price point and still have my $30 pair. Sound familiar? Yep...

Any recommendations on a set of decent looking clear lens riding glasses? Not talking no wood shop googles but something cheap and inexpensive. Seems like I have good luck retaining cheap glasses so...

By the way, I have a big head so it'll have to fit an L - XL face. My Native Nanos fit perfectly before I lost them.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I use Uvex Genesis at work and they're comfortable on my big fat head. You should be able to find them in clear/anti-fog for ~$10 or less.

mtbr member
    A lot of options here, http://www.spitsadventurewear.com/

mtbr member
    I rock these with the clear lenses and love em...

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/188...tra-Lenses.htm

Last, not lost.
    Jul 2010
    Smith and Wesson makes a very light and comfortable safety pair. I have 2, one smoke (very light tint) and the other in yellow (great contrast). Yellow here. Most comfortable ones I've worn so far.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    The optics on smith & wesson are really good. I think it makes a difference on your riding.

meow meow
    sounds like you need a crookie!

I'm in...
    Jan 2011
    Sweet! I just found this place too. They have a gang load of inexpensive safety glasses

http://safetyglasses.com/edge.htm

Thanks everyone!!

mtbr member
    Go to your local Lowe's. They have several. The clear ones I use have a green frame. They work really well, even resisting fogging with my hot, fat, sweaty face. Super cheap and you can usually try them on first.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by VO2 Lax
    OK. I've lost 2 pairs of glasses that were in the $100+ price point and still have my $30 pair. Sound familiar? Yep...

Any recommendations on a set of decent looking clear lens riding glasses? Not talking no wood shop googles but something cheap and inexpensive. Seems like I have good luck retaining cheap glasses so...

By the way, I have a big head so it'll have to fit an L - XL face. My Native Nanos fit perfectly before I lost them.

Thanks!
    Same thing happened to me. I lost a very expensive pair of Oakleys and replaced them with a pair of only slightly less expensive Costa Del Mar and they too are gone. For over a year now I have been wearing impact-resistant safety glasses in the $12-$15 range and, you guessed it, I have yet to lose a single pair. I especially like glasses made for the shooting sports and my favorite pair is sold by the Champion Target Company.

Inexpensive safety glasses are just as easy on the eyes as the most expensive available; if this were not true millions of factory workers around the world who wear them every working day would be going blind. All safety glasses used to look dorky but about a zillion styles are now available.

I find three lens colors to be useful, dark for bright, sunny days, yellow for extremely dark, cloudy days and clear for anything in between those conditions. If you have not tried yellow you are in for a pleasant surprise. Just be sure the glasses you buy are rated for outdoor use and offer 100 percent protection from UVA/UVB rays from the sun. Contrary to what a lot of people think, lens color or lack of same has no influence whatsoever on UVA protrection. All else being equal, a clear lens offers the same level of UVA protection as the darkest lens available.

Here's looking at you kid.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I'm a beginner to cycling, so I haven't really used my glasses many times, but I'm very satiesfied. I bought them online at http://www.misterspex.co.uk/ Even though they're not $30 glasses, I'd still recommend them!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I got a pair of these for $10. I promptly fell on my face on my first ride out with them (first time on a fully rigid 29r). Got a little scratch, but otherwise did their job wonderfully by keeping out the dirt, leaves, etc. Great coverage, clear view (I have trouble with sunglasses and MTB), and cheap.

Natural Born Killer
    I've been using Uvex Bandits in both clear and tinted with no complaints. The lenses are replaceable, the temples are adjustable in length, and the frames are pretty tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrufryder View Post
    Silly rabbit Jack Daniel drinking donkey kissing caterpiller

Clydesdale by CHOICE!!!!!
    I buy my riding/safety glasses at my local welding shop where I get my welding stuff. They always have a huge variety of cool looking safety glasses cause in my industry we have to wear them all day. I have a pair of yellow tinted and clear, I love the yellows for those cloudy dark winter rides it almost makes me think its sunny outside.

Class Clown
    safetyglassesusa.com

i use these AOSafety Fuel
    http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/aosafety-fuel.html

personally i use the clear lens

OR if you have a bigger noggin these Bangerz HS-4500 ones are nice
    http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/hs4500.html

Members who have read this thread: 2