Narrow Shoes- Mtbr.com

Thread: Narrow Shoes

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Narrow Shoes

I'm looking to replace my riding shoes, the old ones are just about ready to give up! The problem I am having is finding a shoe narrow enough for my feet. I wear a 12 B (US sizing), which translates to between a 46.5 to 47.5 (Euro Sizing) depending on the manufacturer. My old shoes, Specialized Sports, worked pretty well, but the new models seem to be wider than my old shoes, so they slide around on my feet even with the staps sinched. Not a good thing on long rides or off the bike!

Oh, and a side note, they need to be compatable with time pedals as well. I know that most shoes will work with Time pedals, but there are still a few designs out there that are not compatable.

Anyway, any recommendations for shoes that run narrow?

Thanks, and Good Dirt

Squash

Feb 2005
    Go to a shop that sells Sidi and try a pair of Dominators($229) in narrow. Even if the don't have your size in stock they should have a tool that measures your foot and the shoes run really true to that size. I have the opposite problem extra wide feet and the Dominators come in a wide but my lbs didn't have them to fit me but used the sizing tool and sure enough they fit like a champ.

Am I getting too bulky?
    I was riding with my buddy Max the other day, and he was comlaining about how narrow his new Addidas shoes were. Nike shoes are bound to run very narrow as well.
    I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill.

Feb 2005

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Squash
    I'm looking to replace my riding shoes, the old ones are just about ready to give up! The problem I am having is finding a shoe narrow enough for my feet. I wear a 12 B (US sizing), which translates to between a 46.5 to 47.5 (Euro Sizing) depending on the manufacturer. My old shoes, Specialized Sports, worked pretty well, but the new models seem to be wider than my old shoes, so they slide around on my feet even with the staps sinched. Not a good thing on long rides or off the bike!

Oh, and a side note, they need to be compatable with time pedals as well. I know that most shoes will work with Time pedals, but there are still a few designs out there that are not compatable.

Anyway, any recommendations for shoes that run narrow?

Thanks, and Good Dirt

Squash
    I've got the same problem. I've have a pair of Shimano M221's that I really like :
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...00&sc=frgl&x=y

Nice thing about them is they fit well and are have STIFF soles. Even though they are "mountain bike" shoes I use them when I ride my Road bike as well.

Recommended