narrow mnt bike shoes- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

narrow mnt bike shoes

Hey Ladies~
    I have a shoe question for ya: I have a hard time finding the perfect bike shoe (road or mountain) because my feet are so narrow. I am looking for a new pair of mnt bike shoes and was wondering if you have any recommendations. Oh... by the ways... I've actually tried the SIDI road shoes on and believe it or not, my heel was actually slipping out of them. I ended up getting a Specialized road shoe with 3 straps on them. Oh... and it would be nice if the mnt bike shoe had carbon fiber on it (although this is not a requirement).... I have bad knees and I"ve heard that the carbon fiber would help. Well any help would be greatly appreciated. OH... and if you know of any online bargain places to find these shoes that would be greatly apprecaited as well. (I am a size 40) Thanks for all your help!

Rides with Scissors
    no shoe advice... but i've got the heel slippage issue too. found some pads the go in the back of the shoe (adhesive) that help fill in and around the heel and keep it from slipping. found them with other shoe insoles/heel cups/etc. they're pretty cheap, no where near the cost of new shoes! might be worth a try.
    Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

No more slogans!
    I have a skinny long foot also, and I've been wearing Diadora Chili Pro's and loved them enough to buy a back-up pair. They have been replaced with the Chili 04W (women's specific). They also make a carbon model, check out the link below. Also, there is a footbed insert you could try called Shock Doctor Anti-Shock Xterra. I got a pair of those to put in my rollerblades, trimmed them down with a scissor. I hear you on the skinny heel, I could actually walk out of my first pair of shoes. As far as Sidi's go, I tried a pair of those and just love them, but they are just too damn pretty to mess up (and I'm such a pig).

http://www.diadora.com/webapp.diador...eda.do?pid=442
    Its bad luck to be superstitious.

Jan 2005
    I have a narrow foot also. I found that Lake women's mountain bike shoes fit perfectly on me.

Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTaxi
    I have a skinny long foot also, and I've been wearing Diadora Chili Pro's and loved them enough to buy a back-up pair. They have been replaced with the Chili 04W (women's specific).
    Actually, the women's specific model has been around a while. I've got an old pair a more recent pair. They're the only thing I've found so far that fits my size 9 AA's snug enough to ride off-road. I can wear Specialized shoes on the road, since I'm not hiking in them a lot. I love laces for the ability to get shoes snug. I usually bottom-out velcro straps or buckles before they get tight.

Kathy :^)
    Look where you want to go. This is as true in life as it is in mtbiking.

Bike Matron
    Jul 2004

Thumbs up for SIDI's

I have narrow "low volume" feet and the womens SIDI mountainbike shoes are great. The ratcheting buckles snug them up nicely and they are very comfortable. They have been going strong for about two years now. They often get wet but dry nicely for the next ride. I have the women's SIDI three-strap road shoes and they don't fit as snugly.

If you do go with the SIDIs, put a few drops of Pedro's Ice or White Lightning or any other wax-based lube on the moving parts and springs of the buckle so it will release easily.

I have had a pair of Diadora Chili's (women's size) that were a good fit as well, but not as great as the SIDIs.

mtbr member
    another vote for Sidi's

This may be obvious but I'll ask anyway - if your heel is slipping while walking in bikes shoes it's a normal function of the stiff sole.

Sidi's are the kind of shoe that will forever form to YOUR feet. To speed up this process put ont the Sidi's and step in some water. Yep - getting them soaking wet and wear until they are dry or nearly dry. You will end up with perfect form fitting shoes.

Bike Matron
    Jul 2004

Hey Debbie

Nice to see ya in Cyberspace.
    The Racer X frame is on the way!

mtbr member
    what color? do you have shoes to match?

Bike Matron
    Jul 2004

Polished aluminum...

so it won't clash with anything!