Multi-Use Mountain biking shoes- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

Multi-Use Mountain biking shoes

Just want to thank everyone for there input before hand. I am looking for a Size 50 Multi-purpose MTB shoe that I can attach a cleat and ride my PD-M747 clips.. I could really use the help.

mtbr member
    I've been riding these shoes for some time now. I use them as my commuter shoes because I can ride to work and then be in the office all day long.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...+Mtb+Shoe.aspx

Guess do a search to see if you can find it somewhere in your size. The price is awesome too.

Aloha,
    g

mtbr member
    I may pick up some of those Shimanos GMAT. Good price! How have they worn? How was break in? Stretch much? I've tried on several pair of shoes in various bike stores. Only 44's or 46's. Nobody has my size. I wear a 10.5 - Thats 45 EU for all you bike snobs, and run on the wide side. Seems every pair I've tried on so far have been on the narrow side. Are all MTB shoe like this?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I have a pair of Vans Warners for those days of chillin' and grillin'. They barely click on the ground when you walk and they actually look like regular shoes. The downside is that they are a little hot compared to regular MTB shoes.

mtbr member
    IDK. it's really a personal pref. Shimano's run a little tight in the front while others might run wide. A shoe that fits my foot, weight and riding style might not work for you. If you hike a bike on the trail, you might want a heavy tread like a hiking shoe. If you do tricks and freestyle then a flatter skate board type shoe is in order. If you cross streams then waterproof and so on. Try some on. Then it's like a tug of war between a more flexable shoe, easier for walking, more hot spots, less power to the wheel vs stiffer shoe, harder to walk. less hot spots, more power to the wheel. Some can run egg beater with soft cheap shoes but in general, the softer the shoe the bigger the pedal platform to avoid hot spots.
    Last edited by theMeat; 06-12-2010 at 06:44 AM.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gmats
    I've been riding these shoes for some time now. I use them as my commuter shoes because I can ride to work and then be in the office all day long.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...+Mtb+Shoe.aspx

Guess do a search to see if you can find it somewhere in your size. The price is awesome too.

Aloha,
    g

These are near to impossible to find, as they are discontinued. Sucks because I think that they are great! I just bought the next modle/year: The MT42 is just like it, but "improved" with a differnet color.
    $89 is the going price but I got the LBS to go cheaper.
    I've hiked around in them and they can still do OK off the bike. Stiff enough to hide hard, but flex enough to walk.

I had t

mtbr member
    45's are sold out. Damn!

mtbr member
    I use Sette Enduro Shoes, but I have never used them for clipless.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gmtx77
    45's are sold out. Damn!
    That was my opinion as well! The MT42s are sweet as well....

Members who have read this thread: 0