MTB Shoes-Any come in Widths?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

New question here. MTB Shoes-Any come in Widths?

I was wondering if any brands make a shoe in a men's EE or 4W (US size). I'm using a retired pair of running shoes now, but will want something more substantial soon as they allow water to instantly get to your feet.

mtbr member
    i believe Sidi makes them in widths, somewhat pricey but may be worth checking out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Serious question,
    how do shoes that come in widths have to do with water entering the shoe?
    do you have a wider foot or skinny foot?
    "The sound of a car door opening in front of you is similar to the sound of a gun being cocked."

since 4/10/2009
    you'll probably have to order anything in a width. Lake shoes come in widths, but you may have to order direct from them. The mx 165's are highly recommended on the forums. I love mine

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ajd245246
    Serious question,
    how do shoes that come in widths have to do with water entering the shoe?
    do you have a wider foot or skinny foot?
    No it's the fact that they're running shoes...which means they allow moisture to pass through easily. Running shoes are mostly mesh with wicking fabric to carry all your foot sweat out. This is great for sweating but it works both ways. Any moisture from rain or a puddle transfers right to your socks. That's why I'm looking for MTB shoes. All the ones I see are not offered in widths which is what I need.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripthruster
    No it's the fact that they're running shoes...which means they allow moisture to pass through easily. Running shoes are mostly mesh with wicking fabric to carry all your foot sweat out. This is great for sweating but it works both ways. Any moisture from rain or a puddle transfers right to your socks. That's why I'm looking for MTB shoes. All the ones I see are not offered in widths which is what I need.
    Ah, ok thanks for clearing that up. Are you looking for clip-less compatible shoes or are you riding flat pedals?
    "The sound of a car door opening in front of you is similar to the sound of a gun being cocked."

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    No, just flat pedals.

The White Jeff W
    I have a wide forefoot and find the regular Specialized shoes to be plenty roomy for my duck feet.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    I just went through the same thing. I have a 12 4e. I tried some Lakes that were wide width and liked them but i also ordered a pair of Five Tens and Fox shoes. I ended up with the Five Tens they felt the best of the bunch. The guys at Huck and Roll were great i had them send me one of each. And they even sent a call tag for the ones that did not fit. Great guys

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tpc1
    I just went through the same thing. I have a 12 4e. I tried some Lakes that were wide width and liked them but i also ordered a pair of Five Tens and Fox shoes. I ended up with the Five Tens they felt the best of the bunch. The guys at Huck and Roll were great i had them send me one of each. And they even sent a call tag for the ones that did not fit. Great guys
    Thanks, I'll have to check them out. I only saw Sidi's coming in wide an I definitely wasn't going to shell out that kind of cash. I'll check out those you mentioned.
    What's with the Euro sizing?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I have these shoes.....
    http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_661...d-254eee406449
    Got them over a year ago, put them through hell in the woods, plus usually wearing them as an everyday shoe. I find they work very well in the wet, unless you go looking for it. My feet stayed dry in the rain, mud, and riding there on the street, big puddles are the only downfall. The skate shoe design makes the size naturally wider than most other shoes on the market, however I have no clue how the sizing works??? I think I got them after I saw Steve Peat's segment in Seasons, I guess they work well in wet conditions if he rides with them in the UK.

EDIT: Just figured out the sizing, Euro is on the left and US is on the right. So I guess they don't come in widths....

Members who have read this thread: 0