MTB Shoes- Mtbr.com

Thread: MTB Shoes

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

MTB Shoes

Using egg beater pedals, love them, but having problems with toes and feet aching after ride. I'm assuming I don't have a stiff enough shoe. What shoes are recommended by all you using egg beater pedals?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    sette elements from price point

Dookier
    any higher end mountain bike show should have a good stiff sole. I rode Sidi's for years and loved them. I'm on Shimano's now and they seem to work well too. All the shoes I ride are toward the higher end of the line. It's a good investment if you ride a lot.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I had Specialized "ground control" shoes for years, I'm now on some mid-level Specialized shoes (built on Shimano soles, I think). Both these shoes work great with the eggbeaters. I think any shoe with a relatively stiff sole should work. They don't have to be over the top, though...many of my rides nowadays include a stop to do some rock scrambling or short hikes, and I want shoes I can walk in--my current Spec shoes are fine for that, too.

banned
    I'm all about recycling, green, global warming, and LMFAO; these mountain bike shoes are courtesy of Michelin, and are definitely for any of you leftwing nut jobs........

MTB Shoes-hochimofo.jpg

^ That's what I do
    Pearl Izumi Quest
    '08 Specialized Rockhopper 29er (modified)

since 4/10/2009
    I just got some Lake MX165 shoes. I was using Specialized Comps for years, and they never had enough clearance for my Candy SL pedals. I never could get them to work easily...was always a chore. The Lakes have plenty of room and clip in and out effortlessly. As a bonus, they're really easy to walk in.

They fit pretty true-to-size for me. I have fit difficulty, and my right foot is a hair wider than my left, but it's shorter, too. It's nearly impossible for me to fit both. These are snug on my right, but they're still comfortable enough to work for me.

Members who have read this thread: 0