MTB Shoes

Printable View

• 02-20-2010
    Stardust
    MTB Shoes
    I have a question I bought some Sidi Dominator 5 MTB Shoes today and I'm not sure if I should take them back? I wear an 8 1/2 =42 feet are narrow I bought them in a half size larger 9 =43 they felt better in the store ..8 1/2 I tried on felt tight and slightly uncomfortable ..

How do you wear your shoes very tight? or with some room to spare
  • 02-20-2010
    PG256
    Should be snug around the body of your foot with a little room at the toe.
  • 02-20-2010
    gumbymark
    If the 8 1/2s felt "tight and slightly uncomfortable" what are you going to exchange them for if you take them back?
  • 02-20-2010
    Stardust
    Thanks!! taking them back to try on the 8 1/2 once more.. Damn !! I luv these shoes but my concern is slipping out of them on the trail? I could fit my index finger in back of the shoe next to my heal.. now the body of the shoe fits snug... I'll have to go with a different brand, didn't care for the SPD's.. :bluefrown:
  • 02-20-2010
    moschika
    see if you can find the megas. some have said they are sized a bit narrow. my left foot was a bit wide, so when i got mine i got the megas. the right shoe was loose, but never felt like it was gonna slip off. you can cinch them down pretty snug. i would've gotten another pair if i could afford them, but went with some specialized shoes that felt really good, though the color kinda sucks.
  • 02-21-2010
    biggoofy1
    i have the specialized BG sports and love them im in a 14.5 and normally wear a 14 so they run small
  • 02-21-2010
    Stardust
    Quote:

Originally Posted by moschika
    see if you can find the megas. some have said they are sized a bit narrow. my left foot was a bit wide, so when i got mine i got the megas. the right shoe was loose, but never felt like it was gonna slip off. you can cinch them down pretty snug. i would've gotten another pair if i could afford them, but went with some specialized shoes that felt really good, though the color kinda sucks.

Took them back today and tried on the Megas they felt good but still just slightly too tight my big toe is right and the end of the shoe... I kept the 9's The Sidi fit like a glove even though it was a little more room than I wanted them to be I was told you want a half size larger in mtb shoe.. When I strap them down I can't pull them off so I should be fine..
    Second thoughts will drive you crazy sometimes :D
  • 02-21-2010
    Bikinfoolferlife
    Back when I used Sidis I found them sized on the small side, as well as narrow; the suggestion to try the wider mega version might not be a bad idea from your description, they also do have the 1/2 sizes to fine tune (altho getting to try on the various width/sized shoes in a shop depends on their inventory). I also like to get a shoe a bit on the large side so it's comfortable even with a thick sock for cooler weather...
  • 02-21-2010
    Stardust
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bikinfoolferlife
    Back when I used Sidis I found them sized on the small side, as well as narrow; the suggestion to try the wider mega version might not be a bad idea from your description, they also do have the 1/2 sizes to fine tune (altho getting to try on the various width/sized shoes in a shop depends on their inventory). I also like to get a shoe a bit on the large side so it's comfortable even with a thick sock for cooler weather...

Wow!!.. Now I think I should be wearing a 42.5 and not the 43 :madman: the shop only had a 42 or a 43 it's my fault I should have done my homework on the Sidi shoes there just so nice compared to my old Pearl Izumi :) ... I will call them tomorrow

Thanks for the Help!!