MTB Shoes.- Mtbr.com

Thread: MTB Shoes.

29er Club Member

MTB Shoes.

Any advice?
    I know I have to try them on, but and good brands so on so forth...
    The following post may ruffle your feathers. If it does… You may need to take yourself less seriously!

Old man on a bike
    What are your needs in a shoe? What's your budget? I like the Lake shoes for the vibram sole for off-bike hikes. I loved the Sidis for general fit, hard to beat the Italians on shoe fit, just not so much on wear issues on the sole.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Nov 2008
    I'm really happy with these:

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...01_20000_29503

I like the three velcro strap. They're nice and light weight, and the mid top provides some extra ankle protection.

Bob

Mar 2009
    I would be interested in suggestions too. My bike has regular pedals with the front-mounted straps. Should I go for an mtb shoe? I was told I could use a regular shot with an as-flat-as-possible sole so that I could quickly take the foot in and out of the strap.

Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ZGOZZ
    Any advice?
    I know I have to try them on, but and good brands so on so forth...
    ZGOZZ if you can go see J down at Halters and try out the SH-M182 I got a pair of these and love them! Super comfortable I've ridden in them for 4+ hours without discomfort. He carries a few other brands as well and can help you find a comfortable shoe for you.

mtbr member
    Well, when I got my first pair I got the cheapest I could find, some Shimano lace up with one velcro strap. 4.5 years later they're still going strong (although I did have to glue the soles back on once) are comfortable, easy to walk in and have more than paid for themselves. if it were me I'd check out the Shimano shoes under $150 that are more geared towards "amatures" with soles that you can actually walk/hike in.

I too have SIDI Dom 5's and they are the most comfortable shoe, straight from the get go, but as BFFL said, the soles leave a lot to be desired as far as being able to walk/hike in them and they wear very fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

29er Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blauer.nj
    ZGOZZ if you can go see J down at Halters and try out the SH-M182 I got a pair of these and love them! Super comfortable I've ridden in them for 4+ hours without discomfort. He carries a few other brands as well and can help you find a comfortable shoe for you.

I will check them out today...
    The following post may ruffle your feathers. If it does… You may need to take yourself less seriously!

mtbr member
    I have these shoes, very cheap way to get into clipless riding.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/141...-MTB-Shoes.htm

Members who have read this thread: 0