MTB Shoes- Mtbr.com

Thread: MTB Shoes

May 2008

MTB Shoes

Using Clipless pedals for the first time. Bought Crank Bros EB Candy SL's and would like some good shoes to go along with them.... any recommendations? I am currently looking at Shimano M122 MTB Shoes from REI.

http://www.rei.com/product/766274

How are these? Can anyone recommend better ones? Also would prefer to buy from there, since i got my bike there.

-A

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    i think i have the older version of those shoes and i like them a lot, but ive never tried any other ones so ya .. . .

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I happen to ride the same pedals, and I just bought and tried out a new pair of shimano shoes (today), I think its the same model,but they are black/gray. I am really happy with them after trying out the adidastar xc shoes and a pair of high end diadora mtb shoes, Both I thought were extremely uncomfortable and not worth the money. The shimanos are great and i picked em up at wheel world for $60 on closeout from $100, At first I really wanted the clip adjustment instead of the strap on top, but as mentoned they were uncomfortable and I am happy i settled with the 3 velcro straps. I am sure the sidi's are comfortable too but didnt want to spend $200.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

get a stiff sole and a ratchet top strap

i would never buy another shoe without the ratchet. so easy to make it very tight when needed and loosen it when you dont

Members who have read this thread: 0