MET Helmets?- Mtbr.com

Thread: MET Helmets?

mtbr member

MET Helmets?

Does anyone know of bike shops in Northern CA that sell MET helmets? More specifically the MET Parachute. Thanks.

Keith

mtbr member
    I tried looking for one in the area, but couldn't. Since it's not DOT approved, I think the chances are a bit difficult. (This is just an assumption) I had to order mine from the UK

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/

I love mine! But it can get a bit hot because the air you breath out gets blown back in your face. Lots of vents and keeps me cool. The lower piece saved me from a split chin at Skeggs and me bashing my cheek at Cinderella.
    Last edited by iSlowpoke; 09-06-2009 at 09:21 PM.

mtbr member
    I have never heard of anyone in Northern CA that sells it . I ordered mine from Wiggle dot com. There out of the UK. I paid $160.00 out the door.

Its a great helmet !

mtbr member
    Thanks for the tips and opinions. My dad took a pretty good hit the other day at Annadel. Now we're looking for something with a bit more protection than his Fox Flux, which is now cracked in multiple spots. A full blown DH helmets would obviously have the most protection, but are far to heavy and hot for A'del.

It's about showing up.

I hope he is okay

If it broke that doesn't necessarily mean it did not serve it's function to the fullest. What kind was it? No one likes to hear this next statement but here it goes. FWIW Full face is a bit over the top for this sort of riding and if one needs that kind of protection then there are other issues, notably skill level and mitigating pace. Yeah, I know, I'm no fun.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike
    If it broke that doesn't necessarily mean it did not serve it's function to the fullest. What kind was it? No one likes to hear this next statement but here it goes. FWIW Full face is a bit over the top for this sort of riding and if one needs that kind of protection then there are other issues, notably skill level and mitigating pace. Yeah, I know, I'm no fun.
    His helmet definitely served it's function. It's just that his face is pretty scraped up (he also got a concussion and was knocked out cold upon impact.) The cuts and scratches that he recieved on his face are why we are interested in the MET Parachute, which if you have seen pictures of them, are basically a regular helmet with a face guard that can be removed. The Parachute probably isn't any better at protecting from concussions than his Fox Flux and I think he would have gotten one no matter what helmet he was wearing. The Parachute is between XC helmet and DH full face. As I mentioned above, a full face is over the top for the riding we do.

Members who have read this thread: 0