MET helmet return policy

Printable View

• 04-05-2008
    flankwood
    MET helmet return policy
    I have a MET helmet and I just noticed its broken in the back. I have no idea how it happened. I saw their return policy and it's pretty strict. Has anyone had good/bad experience with MET?

I'd like to trade it in for a new one and a larger size. But I can see it now: They turn me down or charge me and say it wasn't their fault.
  • 04-05-2008
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by flankwood
    I have a MET helmet and I just noticed its broken in the back. I have no idea how it happened. I saw their return policy and it's pretty strict. Has anyone had good/bad experience with MET?

I'd like to trade it in for a new one and a larger size. But I can see it now: They turn me down or charge me and say it wasn't their fault.

You mentioned that you would like to trade it in for a larger size. Could it be the fact that it is too small for you that it broke. They may say the same thing and say that it was your fault for buying it too small. Just a thought.
  • 04-06-2008
    Wombat
    Here was my experience last year:

About 5 weeks ago I noticed that my almost 3 year old Met helmet was cracked. I hadn't crashed it or treated it roughly, so I contacted the Australian distributor to ask about their 3 year warranty.

After sending the helmet to them and waiting while they assessed it and got advice from Met, I received a new free helmet today. It's nice when companies honour their warranties.

Tim
  • 04-06-2008
    flankwood
    That's what I'm thinking. It was actually the bike shop who said it was a perect fit. But I bet MET won't care about that.
  • 04-06-2008
    flankwood
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wombat
    Here was my experience last year:

About 5 weeks ago I noticed that my almost 3 year old Met helmet was cracked. I hadn't crashed it or treated it roughly, so I contacted the Australian distributor to ask about their 3 year warranty.

After sending the helmet to them and waiting while they assessed it and got advice from Met, I received a new free helmet today. It's nice when companies honour their warranties.

Tim

did it take 5 weeks? Man these helmet companies charge a lot for foam helmets and want people to use them so they came out with discounts on used helmets for old broken ones. But what's a guy to do for 5 weeks? I don't even want to wait one week!
  • 04-06-2008
    Wombat
    Yes, it took 5 weeks.

Tim