Met Enduro Helmet?

Printable View

• 09-19-2009
    UN-COG-KNEE-TOE
    Met Enduro Helmet?
    anyone know where a MET Full FACE ENDURO helmet can be bought... or know of another kind that is also Light Weight?
  • 09-19-2009
    juanbeegas
    You talking about this one?
    Link to fugly helmet, that may, or may not be too safe.

I've heard of people crashing in those helmets and having those chin "guards" snap in the crash and cut them right across the face.

You'd be better off with a Specialized Deviant, but materials and durability on that helmet was kinda shitty on mine. The inner foam and rubber lining on the helmet started separating from the shell on mine and the velcro holding in the liner, just came off in the first removal for washing.
  • 09-19-2009
    Chumba15
    Quote:

Originally Posted by juanbeegas
    You talking about this one?
    Link to fugly helmet, that may, or may not be too safe.

I've heard of people crashing in those helmets and having those chin "guards" snap in the crash and cut them right across the face.

Yeah I don't see the point of the chin guard on that helmet, it'll just snap if you land on it. I wouldn't waste my time with that thing it'll just make you look stupid and not provide any more protection than a standard xc lid. Go with a standard full face if you are wanting full face protection, don't go with that ugly thing. You shouldn't be worrying about weight with a helmet, I wear a sixsixone full face and I don't even notice I'm wearing it, it doesn't make your head feel any heavier and when your riding you completely forget about it.
  • 09-19-2009
    burgundy snake
    MET Parachute can be purchased at Chain Reaction Cycles. On sale for $140. I ordered a size smaller than my full face and it fits perfect. For reference my 661 full face is an XL, MET is L. I would not advise using for DH.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=17687
  • 09-19-2009
    Tulsa
    if you want something that style, i have a Giro Switchblade i am selling
  • 09-19-2009
    UN-COG-KNEE-TOE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tulsa
    if you want something that style, i have a Giro Switchblade i am selling

Thanks for the Shopping help Gents... i may order a MET from the UK if i have to go that Far to get one, i want this for some of the XC trails i ride... not expecting DH protection out of it... The MET is what i want... thanks for the Giro offer though.
  • 09-19-2009
    Chumba15
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UN-COG-KNEE-TOE
    Thanks for the Shopping help Gents... i may order a MET from the UK if i have to go that Far to get one, i want this for some of the XC trails i ride... not expecting DH protection out of it... The MET is what i want... thanks for the Giro offer though.

why not just get a standard xc lid? The chin part of the helmet of the MET will not provide any extra protection, it's just going to snap if you crash. I still wear my 661 full face even when riding XC. I wear it anytime I'm on the bike.
  • 09-20-2009
    Tulsa
    if its what he wants, its what he will get, Its better that the face guard break on impact, than your face breaking, right?