mavic shoes- Mtbr.com

Thread: mavic shoes

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

mavic shoes

curiuos about the sizing on mavic shoes as i am unable to try a set on. i have sidis and specialized shoes , the sidis are too narrow and was looking at mavics but need to know if they are wider or not!

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Try them on before you buy them, the sizing on them is way different then any other shoe. I am just about a whole size smaller in a Mavic.

LA CHÈVRE
    I went from Sidis to Mavics and they are indeed a bit wider, my toes felt a bit squeezed from the sides in the Sidis. For me, Mavics are the most comfortable cycling shoes I have ever tried but as LMN says, I'd try to try them on before, shoe fit is too important. It's like people who ask in a forum about bike fitting, some things are better taken care of in the real world.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    I have Shimano and Sidi shoes and I'm looking for Mavic Fury's. I tried on the Mavic Razor and loved it. One thing to keep in mind if you're looking at high end Mavic shoes is some people break the strap and have a hard time getting spare parts. Hopefully Mavic has made spare parts more easily available by now.

mtbr member
    I use mavic on my road and mtb bikes and they are brilliant. Their sizing is weird and I too am one full size smaller in the mavics than in other brands.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I just got my set of Razors I got an 11 normal shoes i wear 11-11.5 they are VERY comfy so far. but I am going to try to treat them better than my sidis as im sure they wont take the same abuse
    2009 Scott Scale 20
    2005 S-works Epic

Mojo MadDuc
    I have had my Mavic Razors for close to a year. I am 11.5 to 12 depending on the brand. My Razors are size 12 and they seen to run pretty true to size. Mavics are made by Addidas, if I am not mistaken. If you know your size in Addidas, you should be spot on. The shoes are great, they have held up well and are pretty comfortable once broken in. Hope this helps,
    MadDuc916
    2015 Hammerhead Thumper
    2011 Voodoo Canzo 29'er

breathing helium
    Bringing this one back from the dead...

The sizing looks weird to me.

I am a 45.5 in Sidi and a 45 in Shimano. What size Mavic Fury am I?

mtbr member
    I dunno, I am a 42 in Specialized, a 9.5 in tennis shoes, and a 9.0 in Mavic.

CB2
    Jam Econo
    This is all good to hear; I won a pair in a race a couple weeks ago and have wide feet. I had to send a coupon in to Mavic to collect my booty.

Members who have read this thread: 0