Mavic Apparels Scam?- Mtbr.com
    The Cheater

Mavic Apparels Scam?

I purchased a lot of Mavic jerseys and shorts over the course of 1 year and I noticed some are printed at the white label that's attached to the product as a different model than the correct one which is at the packaging and the sticker. To me this was fine as long as the product is exactly the same spec and features as the correct model. Recently I ordered a Stellar bib (50% off) and received a model called Stealth instead which uses inferior padding and different fabric design. What the hell is going on here? Does Mavic intentionally repackaged unmovable stuff under a different name and packaging? Anybody noticed the same thing?
    Titux X Carbon 2010 race 9.93kg
    Titux X 2009 "Deore 2012" training 11.55kg

maviczack
    Hi,
    this is super wierd and we are going to look into it.

The only thing that I could imagine, is that you might be finding deals on older model year product. So the website, catalogue, etc might be 2011, but you're finding a product from 2009 or 2010 that's on sale.

The other thing that might be happening is someone is selling salesman samples. These are the "look-see" products that sales reps show dealers and wholesalers. They're not always 100% accurate. Sometimes a color panel changes for production, or a zipper pull, or maybe even the pad, pattern, or whatever. It's uncommon but it happens.

where are you finding these items? Mavic does not want samples being sold and passed off as the real thing!

The Cheater
    Mainly from Jensonusa. Some other online retailers as well... The thing is the box and the sticker on the tag says the right product but the actual item isn't. Similar but different and I couldn't find a description of the model anywhere even looking at older models.
    Titux X Carbon 2010 race 9.93kg
    Titux X 2009 "Deore 2012" training 11.55kg

maviczack
    well we'll look into it. It doesn't sound like a prob at the retailer level. could be running mid-year changes to the product. I know it's possible but the product guys try to avoid it.
    I'll ask around.