making new shoes old- Mtbr.com

making new shoes old

just replaced some ~10 year old answer shoes with a pair of specialized bg comps.

would have preferred to just keep wearing the old ones, but they were basically like road shoes. nothing but slick plastic on the bottom with a cleat. fit my feet so well though....could ride until i literally died and would never even think about my feet being in pain.

these new ones felt good in the store walking around and such. but after 20 minutes of just wearing them, or almost as soon as i hop on the bike and start putting down some pressure, they start hurting. seems like they have potential to be good, but everything's too stiff now and there's some points that dig in on the top because of that stiffness.

any suggestions for loosening them up?
    if it was the middle of the summer i'd think about going to a nearby lake and walking around in the water for awhile or something silly like that. but for the most part the waters still frozen around here. maybe i should take a shower in them?

or...does anyone want a practically new pair of shoes in a size 45? i'll knock some $ of the msrp.

master blaster
    200 miles didnt break my new shoes in, but about 50 miles in the rain sure did. recently the inner toe layers started to split from being wet(super lame and uncomfortable).
    what shoes are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by ISuckAtRiding View Post
    The dude is like 120lbs, tops lol he can run any tires he wants without issues, i'm sure.
    :D

specialized bg comps.

no rain to ride in right now, not that i'd be psyched if there were some.

~Disc~Golf~
    have somebody else with the same size foot wear them for a while
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by nomit
    specialized bg comps.

no rain to ride in right now, not that i'd be psyched if there were some.
    Could be the the shape of the sole and/or the BG insole do not fit your foot properly. If the ball of your foot does not match the curve you WILL have pain and not amount of break in will change the hard molded sole of the shoe.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Members who have read this thread: 0