LOST: Helmet at Skeggs- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: msiddens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    370

    LOST: Helmet at Skeggs

    Darn it if I didn't finally become a victim to stupidity. I seem to have left my helmet at the gate for Skeggs Point (not the paved lot at the actual "point") on Sunday 02/01. Its a damn near brand new Black Bell in Medium.

    Appreciate the response if anyone found it.

    Cheers!
    Click That Sh*t

  2. #2

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    233

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: msiddens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    370
    hmmmmmm, that is in So Cal. Unless my helmet got up and hitchhiked South that's not likely mine:-)
    Click That Sh*t

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: msiddens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    370
    BUMP....anyone?
    Click That Sh*t

  5. #5
    Old man on a bike
    Reputation: Bikinfoolferlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,383
    Which gate? There's several, and Skegg's point is the viewpoint from the paved lot. Was riding there Sunday and didn't see one in any case. You might want to contact the MROSD for lost and found...tell them you were riding at El Corte de Madera open space...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: msiddens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    370
    Great question. Gate CM02.
    Click That Sh*t

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Denis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    371

    I found it (good news / bad news...)

    Quote Originally Posted by msiddens
    Darn it if I didn't finally become a victim to stupidity. I seem to have left my helmet at the gate for Skeggs Point (not the paved lot at the actual "point") on Sunday 02/01. Its a damn near brand new Black Bell in Medium.

    Appreciate the response if anyone found it.

    Cheers!
    The good news is that I found your helmet, the bad news is that you (or anyone else for that matter) won't be able to use it!

    When I saw the helmet (straddling one of the fences) I really thought someone had a pretty bad crash.

    My guess is that it probably fell on the ground and you drive over it when you backed up, someone found it and put it on the fence rail!

    Anyways, I picked it up and threw in the trash when I got him (with the usual trail trash I collect when I ride).

    sux...






  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: msiddens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    370
    Arrr, yep that is (was) my helmet. LOL, thanks for the response!
    Click That Sh*t

  9. #9
    XC = fewer broken bones
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Denis
    The good news is that I found your helmet, the bad news is that you (or anyone else for that matter) won't be able to use it!...Anyways, I picked it up and threw in the trash when I got him (with the usual trail trash I collect when I ride).
    To bad to OP for the bad news on the helmet,

    Thumbs up to Denis (and anyone else) for collecting trash on your rides; it's shameful of all the garbage I see and pick up too and about 70% are those 16oz or 1 litter plastic bottles (so far coke is the preferred drink to hikers or vagrants). As an aside, I could have used those helmet straps...recycle what you can man! just kidding..
    "It's not that I'm lazy. It's just that I don't care" (Peter in the movie Office Space)

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 2clue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,391
    you should keep the helmet and make up a story to impress people on how you somehow flip over, flew off your bike and landed on the back of your head. tehehehe

  11. #11
    Old man on a bike
    Reputation: Bikinfoolferlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Xc California Scorpio
    To bad to OP for the bad news on the helmet,

    Thumbs up to Denis (and anyone else) for collecting trash on your rides; it's shameful of all the garbage I see and pick up too and about 70% are those 16oz or 1 litter plastic bottles (so far coke is the preferred drink to hikers or vagrants). As an aside, I could have used those helmet straps...recycle what you can man! just kidding..
    Last time I was at Skeggs I cleaned up the paved lot of garbage and put it in the can...but I'll bet the raccoons had strewn it about again by the next morning since the can itself is so easily gotten into, just as they will here at my place (nearby) unless I secure it.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.