looking for some new shoes? anyone ride lake?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

looking for some new shoes? anyone ride lake?

How do they run fit wise? I typically wear a 43 euro as a 10.5 american size. Their chart says I should be on a 44.5. The ones i am looking at are available as 44s. Will they fit okay?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by tron
    How do they run fit wise? I typically wear a 43 euro as a 10.5 american size. Their chart says I should be on a 44.5. The ones i am looking at are available as 44s. Will they fit okay?
    They fit like Lakes. Sorry, I can not be more specific as shoe fit varies so much from brand to brand and even model to model. I have to try them on to know what size feels best for each specific shoe. Plus some shoes just do not fit me at all, no matter the size.

I wear a 46 MX165 and have no idea what that is in US sizing. In other shoes I wear anything from a 43 to 46, 10-12 US
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    according to their chart 46 corresponds to a 12.5 us

according to their chart 46 corresponds to a 12.5 us
    Not by the chart on their site
    mtbtires.com

Afric Pepperbird
    I bought a pair of MX-165 two months ago, and I love them! I'm a 10.5 regular shoe, and all the store had were the "11-11.5" (U.S); they fit great! Best shoe I've owned so far.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer
    I bought a pair of MX-165 two months ago, and I love them! I'm a 10.5 regular shoe, and all the store had were the "11-11.5" (U.S); they fit great! Best shoe I've owned so far.
    So what is the 11-11.5 in their size?

Afric Pepperbird
    So what is the 11-11.5 in their size?
    Let's see... looking under the tongue of my Lake MX-165... I see that my U.S. 11-11.5 equals "EU 45.5"

As mentioned, I wear a 10.5 regular shoe, and they fit fine, and feel very comfortable. No movement.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Thanks for checking. They have now gone out of stock in my related sizes, I called the online shop and they recommended going a half size down. I think I am going to have to scrap the whole thing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I got mx 165 size 43s a few year back and they are great shoes but a bit on the snug side not to tight but just a bit snug . I do like the shoe and quality of constuction. they would be fine if they were the wide version. I took the laces out and just run the velcro straps.

Former Bike Wrench
    I am a US 11.5 and my Lake's are 45 and fit perfect

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    I am a US 11.5 and my Lake's are 45 and fit perfect
    oh man. seems like there is all types of conflicting experiences, maybe different models run different.

oh man. seems like there is all types of conflicting experiences, maybe different models run different.
    It is as I said, different brands fit differently and on different feet. Shoe sizing is almost as standard as mtb tire widths.

Lakes generally have a consistent fit but is not really comparable to other footwear, just like every other brand out there.
    mtbtires.com

Jun 2009
    My husband just got Lake mx 170s in the normal width in size 45.5. He normally wears a size 11 4E New Balance running shoe and a 46 in all other cycling shoes. The non wide Lakes were wider than the Sidi megas and only $129.99. The MX170s come in a wider width which would be 5E. Lakes seem to run truer to size than other brands.

He tried various Shimanos (M76 and etc.) and the other ones wide enough were the MT 60 (hike/bike shoe). He tried Sidi Megas dominators and they were as wide as his Lakes. He didn't try Specialized, but did try Diadora and Forte and they were wider than the Shimanos (not the MT 60s), but not as wide as the Megas.

Anyway, hope this helps. Lakes are hard to find. Beyondbikes.com sells lakes as does bicyclesource.us. lakecycling.com also sells direct to public.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I ended up going up a full size based upon some other recommendations and the recommendations of the seller. They were on sale so it was worth a shot. Good news is that they fit and are very comfortable shoes. I got the MX 330 with the BOA closure system and the carbon soles. The closure system seems to work real well and will hopefully be a step up from the top ratchet system which I have never really been fond of.

Members who have read this thread: 0