Looking for some new shoes- Mtbr.com
    S&G CREW
    Feb 2008

Looking for some new shoes

Looking to get some new shoes soon and seem to like the shimano AM 40 shoes.Anyone else riding with them and what are your likes and dislikes.Right now i have some beat down filters ,i like them but need something with some more traction.Or if anyone has a favorite shoe that maybe i should check out chime in.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    For flats I use five ten impact lows and have just ordered a pair of highs

http://www.fiveten.com/products/prod.../Freeride_m23/

Rip Van Winkle
    5.10 is a really good bet and DC seems to have some good kicks. I wanted to try on the DC's at Dicks but they didn't have them in my size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt 891
    29 inch wheels are a crutch for riders with sub-par skills.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I bought the Shimano am 40 and am quite happy with them. Sizing was spot on for me,( I always wear a Euro size 44 which is slighty bigger than a US 9.5 ) They also have a decently wide and tall toe box, both important due to the shape of my feet. They are just snug with a wooly but the fit is perfect with my summer riding socks. Lace cover does not impeid walking and padding on the inside ankle does not dig in at all. Grip on the pedal is very good, and there is good pedal feel under foot. Over all the shoe is lighter then it looks and stiff enough for all day peddaling. They also include an insert to make them even stiffer, they can be carried with you an changed mid ride: i.e stiff for climbing, and a little more flex for coming down. I bought them because I want to try riding flats full time and wanted a shoe that was stiffer then a skate sneaker. I would have tried 5.10's but could not find any info about how good they are to pedal in all day, and besides I think that they are all ugly and have read that they are quite hot to wear all day.

Members who have read this thread: 0