Looking for some cheap full-finger gloves- Mtbr.com

Apr 2006

Smile Looking for some cheap full-finger gloves

Hello all,

It's the time of year again when I look over my biking gear and buy new stuff.

I want to get some full-finger gloves to supplement my half-finger gloves. I has some friends who have some 661 gloves that I really like. Unfortunantly they don't live close, and they don't remember the model. I do know that they got them from Blue Sky Cycling

So, I'd appreciate some suggestions on some full-finger gloves that are:
    About $20 with shipping included (Yes I'm a cheapskate)
    Relatively thin to no pading on the palm and fingers
    Available in size large

More specifically, if you have know of some 661 gloves like that please post as well.

Thanks!

mikeb
    try the fox incline.

i have a pair and they seem to match your criteria.

Jun 2005
    661 comp gloves are nice. a little more dj oriented, but they're nice.

i have a pair of raceface XC gloves, they don't make them anymore though. they're just like the fox inclines.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Try some deerskin work gloves from Tractor Supply.

Because I am !

Check many of the out here..

A friend of mine purchase the Sette full finger gloves on this page for about
    $15.00 and loves them. Price point has too many to list.

http://www.pricepoint.com/thumb/2-Ac...loves-True.htm

ODN
    Caffeine ! "Do stupid things faster and with more energy" ! !

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by szedhr
    So, I'd appreciate some suggestions on some full-finger gloves that are:
    About $20 with shipping included (Yes I'm a cheapskate)
    Relatively thin to no pading on the palm and fingers
    Available in size large
    I bought some cheap gloves at Walmart last year-I didn't think they would last long, but they have been treating me very well. They are way more durable than they look, washable, very comfortable, and relatively thin. When they do finally wear out, I'll probably buy the same ones again. I think they are made by Bell-look in the bicycle area near helmets. They came with a really ugly X-games logo on the back, but a few minutes with a sharp pocket knife took care of thay.

Pivoteer
    Home Depot all the way. $15-20 for gloves that are more comfortable and longer lasting than any bike glove I have found.

Team Depot baby!!
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

Duck Fonald
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    Home Depot all the way. $15-20 for gloves that are more comfortable and longer lasting than any bike glove I have found.

Team Depot baby!!
    I second this- any of your home improvement stores have a nice selection of gloves for under $20. I had a favorite pair until I stumbled upon a pair of Black Stallion work gloves I found along the road. Better than any bike gloves I've found, altho they're a bit warm for summer (and no terry wipe strip).

fp
    Last edited by Finch Platte; 03-11-2007 at 05:35 AM.
    tRump is SCUM.

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

mtbr member
    go to any motoX shop. they sell the virtually the same gloves as a bike shop but usually for a few dollars less... i get my sub $20 gloves from them...

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    go to any motoX shop. they sell the virtually the same gloves as a bike shop but usually for a few dollars less... i get my sub $20 gloves from them...
    Correct.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Also, most motorcycle shops will have a closeout section or bin where they throw last years styles or models that don't sell that you can pick up for CHEAP.

Bend, OR
    2nd the Fox Inclines. Have a couple pairs and love em. I also like pretty much no padding in my gloves. The 661 Raji are also pretty minimal, made by Axo too, dunno if those are the ones you're talking about. These two are the only gloves I've had for the past couple years.

I always bleed like this.
    EBAY.
    I picked up a pair of the mechanix $65 retail vibration dampening, leather, etc. for $17 shipped. Great gloves, nice protection for the fingers, cant beat the price.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I have some Pedro's red cheapies from a few years back. They cost $8 new. I just toss them in the wash. Good as new.

mtbr member
    I picked up a pair of Fox gloves last spring from Pricepoint, I think they were the Digits (previous model maybe?) for around $20. Just looked now, and they only have the 07's for $30...

To tell you the truth, the Sette's that they have ($15) look an awful lot like the Fox's I got. The only downside is knowing what size will fit you and the possibility that they won't fit right.

mtbr member

I thought I was the only one wearing the HD Brand

I have used Home Depot gloves for quite some time. Works well. I also recently found out that Sports Authority carries the Dakine Cross X brand. One color only, they were on sale after Xmass with 20% off and I drove to EVERY store in the Tampa area and bought what I could find. I think the reg price was around $22.

Later Mon.

Apr 2004
    Western Safety mechanics gloves from Harbor Freight for 6 bucks. Just bought a pair and they're not bad.

Ride Everything
    I like the Mechanix (brand) gloves for riding. The "Vent" model is aptly named, and is constructed better than many cycling-specific brands/model. You can find Mechanix gloves on eBay pretty cheaply, too (even when you factor in shipping).

BTW, what's up with companies abandoning wrist closures? I'm sure it's cheaper for them, but if the opening is big enough for me to get my hand in, the glove feels loose as hell once it's on. And then there are the ones where I can't get the glove past my knuckles...

mtbr member
    I love my "Mechanix" gloves...bought at an auto parts store for doing dirty/hot brake work and now only use for biking.

Members who have read this thread: 0