Looking for a new helmet

Printable View

• 01-01-2007
    InnovateorDie
    Looking for a new helmet
    Yeah I'm looking for a new helmet and need some advice. I like Giro and don't mind Bell, but are there any other companies and helmets you people reccomend? The Darren Berrecloth Specialized Skillet looks pretty sick, but the whole skillet line feels kinda weird cause it has those straps and the buckle thing in the back like with those xc lids. Anything else you recommend for a good DJ/Urban helmet?
  • 01-02-2007
    turrick
    Go try some helmets on. Different brands have some variable shapes and some will feel better for you. I run a tsg lid cuz' that one fit really good for myself , but it might not be the same for you.
  • 01-03-2007
    InnovateorDie
    Do you have any links of places that sell them?
  • 01-03-2007
    ufdff15
    I have a bern brentwood and it is by far the most comfortable helmet i have ever used, it's very light and surprisingly well ventilated(for a skate type helmet).

www.bernunlimited.com
  • 01-03-2007
    ontario_bike
    try the giro flak and the protec classic skate
  • 01-03-2007
    InnovateorDie
    Yeah i tryed the flak, but it isn't the most comfortable helmet I've tried on in my opinion.

Wow those Bern's look pretty sick. I think I may have to pick one of those up.
  • 01-03-2007
    iron1
    Protecs are nice.
  • 01-03-2007
    sandyP1
    the protec skate are pretty nice.

or are you looking for a full-face???
  • 01-03-2007
    fiddy_ryder
    no problems with my bell, they seem to fit the oval shaped head. 661's i think are more roiund.
  • 01-03-2007
    InnovateorDie
    Well, as most of the guys at Kenter know, I think I need to drop the full-face cause it's a little excessive and not to mention kinda clumsy and uncomfortable. So I'm just looking for a skate-style lid.
  • 01-03-2007
    fiddy_ryder
    dont sweat the full face while your learning. i wore one through the summer up there before. I think its well worth it. i went down a few times up there and probably without out it would have gotten a few gashes or lost a few teeth. lots o' rocks make any crash up there bloody.
  • 01-03-2007
    InnovateorDie
    yeah i know, its just that it kind of limits your peripheral vision so that you can't see on your sides nor below (like your legs) when you are riding or trying to stick a landing.
  • 01-04-2007
    ontario_bike
    What??/ I though BERN only made ski helmets?!?!?! someone shoot me a link. I have a protec skate, comfortable, not ughly, lightweight, breatheable. GO FOR IT
  • 01-04-2007
    ufdff15
    I posted the link in my first post

www.bernunlimited.com

They are multi sport helmets(winter, water, etc) It comes complete with a winter liner with ear flaps.
  • 01-05-2007
    Cru Jones
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fiddy_ryder
    dont sweat the full face while your learning. i wore one through the summer up there before. I think its well worth it. i went down a few times up there and probably without out it would have gotten a few gashes or lost a few teeth. lots o' rocks make any crash up there bloody.

Tru dat. Especially while learning at the K. But, if you want to go skate style, check out some of the TSG lids...

http://ridetsg.com/index.php?cat=c52_helmets-wmns.html