looking into getting mountain biking gear for the first time...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

looking into getting mountain biking gear for the first time...

hello mtrb im just getting serious about mountain biking and need gear for when i buy my bike and i need to know what to look for

i don't have a problem with buying online so if you guys can recommend some gear that would be awesome!

okay, here i what i need and what i have...

i need clip-in shoes and pedals.
    MTB jersey type top and bottom, that i will need to buy in a store so i can try it on and see what i'm getting.

And i last but not least i need a 4X / Full Face Mountain Bike Helmet..

i already have goggles, i just need clear lenses.
    If you guys can recommend gear and give some prices and a idea of where to start looking thats would be awesome!

meow meow
    whats wrong with your platforms? dont think just because pros use them means you have to. for good shorts and a jersey you are looking at maybe $75 if you score good deals and for a ff maybe $100. id go to your lbs and see what is on sale.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    whats wrong with your platforms? dont think just because pros use them means you have to. for good shorts and a jersey you are looking at maybe $75 if you score good deals and for a ff maybe $100. id go to your lbs and see what is on sale.
    well my platform is whatever shirt i put on in the morning, some pants or short, and a pair of running shoes and a cheap bell helmet

It's all about the FSR!
    Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorFreak97 View Post
    hello mtrb im just getting serious about mountain biking and need gear for when i buy my bike and i need to know what to look for

i don't have a problem with buying online so if you guys can recommend some gear that would be awesome!

okay, here i what i need and what i have...

i need clip-in shoes and pedals.

I would try some shoes on at the LBS. They may be able to work a deal out with you if you buy shoes and pedals from them.

MTB jersey type top and bottom, that i will need to buy in a store so i can try it on and see what i'm getting.

And i last but not least i need a 4X / Full Face Mountain Bike Helmet..

i already have goggles, i just need clear lenses.
    If you guys can recommend gear and give some prices and a idea of where to start looking thats would be awesome!
    I have used the following online stores for equipment/gear all with excellent service.

I am guessing that there is a site that is not allowed on this forum, so PM me if you would like to know the name.
    www.primalwear.com
    www.jensonusa.com
    www.pricepoint.com
    www.niagaracycle.com

For shoes/pedals/helmet you are probably going to want to head down to your LBS and check these out. Shoes and pedals, they might be able to work a deal with you. Get a proper fitting shoe so that your feet do not become fatigued. They should also have jerseys that you can try on to get a feel for. I wear an XL T-shirt, and the XL jerseys fit me fine.