Looking for a good, cheap helmet?- Mtbr.com
    Caca pasa

Looking for a good, cheap helmet?

Nashbar's got the Bell Influx on sale for $30.

Helluva deal.

With good mtbr reviews.

fp
    "합니다 행사에서 디비 판매 합니다 관련해" Lesleybien

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Will it fit yer conehead Beldar?
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    LS

tl1
    Bicyclist

This used to be my favorite helmet

My health insurance reimburses up to $30 each year for each family member for bike helmets so I buy a bunch of them. I had an old black and yellow Influx that looked great and fit me superbly and super comfortably so it was my favorite. Eventually the anchor points for the straps pulled out of the Styrofoam and it was unusable. I found another (the bee-like black and yellows were long gone though) but the straps are weirdly uncomfortable when they rub against my ears. I wonder if they changed the material to something cheaper and less soft and comfortable. After 2 years of steady use I still can't stand it as the straps never "softened up". I bit the bullet and bought a Fox Flux (part Influx?') for on sale for $75 and love it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    What health insurance do you have that does this? I'm curious. Never heard of it before.

Thx

Old man on a bike
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1
    My health insurance reimburses up to $30 each year for each family member for bike helmets so I buy a bunch of them. I had an old black and yellow Influx that looked great and fit me superbly and super comfortably so it was my favorite. Eventually the anchor points for the straps pulled out of the Styrofoam and it was unusable. I found another (the bee-like black and yellows were long gone though) but the straps are weirdly uncomfortable when they rub against my ears. I wonder if they changed the material to something cheaper and less soft and comfortable. After 2 years of steady use I still can't stand it as the straps never "softened up". I bit the bullet and bought a Fox Flux (part Influx?') for on sale for $75 and love it.
    Seriously, your health insurance covers crap like this? (not crap in the sense of quality, crap in the sense of trying to cover crap like this rather than extend basic coverage).
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

tl1
    Bicyclist

It's FAR, far cheaper than...

Quote Originally Posted by Bikinfoolferlife
    Seriously, your health insurance covers crap like this? (not crap in the sense of quality, crap in the sense of trying to cover crap like this rather than extend basic coverage).
    ...treating one head injury that's preventable by wearing a helmet to pay for many peoples' bike helmets. Sheesh, I really can't believe people are against saving health insurance money.

(yeah searching for a long ago post here.)

Old man on a bike
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1
    ...treating one head injury that's preventable by wearing a helmet to pay for many peoples' bike helmets. Sheesh, I really can't believe people are against saving health insurance money.

(yeah searching for a long ago post here.)
    Holy delayed response! My poorly made point was that the time/energy used putting helmets into policies and the admin costs of giving $30 annual credits for same is somewhat lame compared to simply making insurance less complicated and available to more people...I wear helmets, they don't want to support me with health insurance unless I go to work for someone with a good group plan.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Members who have read this thread: 0