looking for a good beanie / skull cap for mtb- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

looking for a good beanie / skull cap for mtb

Can you recommend a good beanie/skull cap for mtb? Looking for a modern/high tech fabric. I prefer the type that I can flip up at the bottom. I prefer a medium thickness. For example, the following thicker style doesnít look refined/modern enough for mtb:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/095g5hu26a...20AM.jpeg?dl=0

And the ultra low profile ones look too gangbanger imho. So can you recommend a beanie/skull cap that fits the bill for what Iím looking for?

mtbr member
    For riding mtb? Assuming you're wearing a properly fitting helmet, the cap needs to be fairly thin to fit under it. That usually also precludes flipping up and doubling the bottom edge. I have a few ranging from just a thin skull cap to a thermal one with a lower edge shaped to come down partially over the ears. These are all knit lycra like things and don't have wind blocking membranes like some of the ones out there. The only style or social affiliations these convey is nerdy biker. There are those with a tail to emulate a bandana folded diagonally and tied over the head. The social affiliations suggested by these varies and depends on the context: Construction worker, motorcycle gang, etc...

Hanging around the trails off the bike, I'll go for a pork pie or Stetson, depending on how I'm feeling that day.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I donít wear a helmet so I need a cool looking beanie/skull cap

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by titus View Post
    Can you recommend a good beanie/skull cap for mtb? Looking for a modern/high tech fabric. I prefer the type that I can flip up at the bottom. I prefer a medium thickness. For example, the following thicker style doesnít look refined/modern enough for mtb:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/095g5hu26a...20AM.jpeg?dl=0

And the ultra low profile ones look too gangbanger imho. So can you recommend a beanie/skull cap that fits the bill for what Iím looking for?
    I donít wear a helmet so I need a cool looking beanie/skull cap
    I'd recommend you get yourself a helmet.

Deviant
    I wouldn't Advocate riding without a helmet but at the same time I live in a state that doesn't require motorcycle helmets and I understand that feeling of freedom of riding without one at times when I feel it is safe. Having said that polartec makes skull caps that sound like they would fit the bill. They make one for the Marine Corps that is the best in my opinion. You might be able to find one at a military surplus store or they might make a civilian version

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Ride More - Suffer Less
    Can you recommend a good beanie/skull cap for mtb? Looking for a modern/high tech fabric. I prefer the type that I can flip up at the bottom. I prefer a medium thickness.
    I'm hearing Mountain Hardware Dome Perignon Lite, or really any of their lid warmers.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016