looking for clipless shoes for wide foot and tall arch- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

looking for clipless shoes for wide foot and tall arch

Anyone have any luck finding a clipless shoe that is good for a foot with a high arch and wide?

I have been getting by with a little bigger shoe, but the more long days I do on the bike that some hike a bikes are required, I have some shoe movement and get tired of damaging the back of my heel.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sidi. They have the mega line. Only shoes I can wear and are comfortable all day

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I think you should consider an insole for a better arch fit. There are some shoes that come in a high volume or wide size, but the insoles are not all that supportive IMO. Giro privateer might be a more reasonably priced option, Sidi would be more expensive. Shimano's HV seems to be the larger shoe on the same sole as the D width shoe. Alternatively, you might find that the right insole in your current shoe works so perhaps try that first.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    My feet expanded about a year ago (apparently somewhat common for folks in their 50s), and I had to buy all new shoes, I ended up with Sidi Mega for mtn, and Lake for my road shoes. In my experience Sidi Mega and Lake Wide are about exactly the same size/fit. Shimano Wide is not nearly as wide as Sidi/Lake (probably halfway between normal and sidi/lake mega/wide). Specialized wide fits similar to Shimano wide (but a Spec 46 is more like a 47 Shimano).
    Specialized makes a good range of footbeds with varying arches for about $30, they have a thing you stand on that tells you which footbed you need, it's not super scientific, but worth a try for a good $30 footbed.
    I think you would be good with Sidi or Lake and a Specialized higher arch footbed.
    skidding is the signature of the novice; learn how to use your brakes.

mtbr member
    Thanks, I'll looking to these. Part of my issue with my arch is not the support, but the shoes are not tall enough. I get a rub spot on the top of my foot where the bone is taller.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    i recently purchased a pair of Giro Privateers and i like them alot. Just north of $100 and work well with my wide foot.
    MTB : 2019 Giant Fathom 2
    ROAD: 2019 Giant TCR Advanced 2
    TRUCK: 2018 GMC Sierra Z71

mtbr member
    Giro Privateers are barely passable for a wide shoe IMO. I don't even have true wide feet and they are just barely wide enough but still cause some hot spots. If you want WWWIIIIDDDEEE....check out Lake. They probably have the widest shoes out and pretty high volume. I wear their non-wide version and they have more room than the Giro HV.
    Super snowflake = when an avatar offends you so much you have to cry about it and report it to admin. Life must suck for you.

mtbr member
    I know you're after clipless ,but....

I wear 4e shoes and have a high arch. So I run platforms with NewBalance 847 or 857.

I must think weird because if an area is too hard to ride, I want to be able to walk it with solid shoes. Mi dos pesos

mtbr member
    No way I'd want to ride wearing running shoes.
    Super snowflake = when an avatar offends you so much you have to cry about it and report it to admin. Life must suck for you.