Looking to buy my wife some shoes, suggestions please.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Looking to buy my wife some shoes, suggestions please.

I am looking to buy my wife some shoes for her cycling class. She has been complaining about her feet hurting, currently wearing sneakers, and I'd like to get her some light-weight SPD compatible shoes. I am not looking to spend more than $100 and I'd like them to be comfortable for her (subjective, I know).

Thanks for the help.

Mike

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Sidis

Although they are not cheap, I swear by Sidis. If they are too pricey, I suggest you take your wife your LBS and have her try a few pair on to find the pair that feels the most comfortable.

mtbr member
    When I used to do spin, I went and bought some inexpensive Shimano shoes (most spin bikes are SPD). I think I paid $50. I don't think you need anything too high tech for spin class - just need to clip in and have stiff bottom for pedal stroke. They are not going to take a beating like on the trails. I would get mtb and not roadie shoes, so it is easier to walk around the class.

There are some good deals on shoes out there, so shop around: pricepoint, sierra trading post, nashbar, performance bike. I have been shopping for a new pair of shoes and I noticed some good deals on the lower end stuff.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks IBB and robbybird. I looked at Sidis but they were all $125+. I'll take a look at those other sites though. I am trying to keep them faily cheap so I can also get her some pedals. She doesn't ride the trails with me yet but I'm still trying to get her out there with me. It's hard with 2 kids at home.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

mtbr member
    Seems like your wife should go to the LBS and try some shoes on before you buy.

Does she usually buy everyday shoes without trying them on?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yes, I know. It'd be a whole lot easier to have her go buy them herself. I didn't mention in my OP but I am doing this for her B-day so I was hoping to get them without her knowing. Easiest thing to do might be to get her a gift card to the LBS.

Thanks all!!!

Don't worry, be happy!
    yes gift card, shoes have to be fitted

Members who have read this thread: 0