Lookin For Some New Gloves- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Lookin For Some New Gloves

Looking for some new gloves with descent knuckle and palm protection. Throw out some suggestions, what are you guys rockin?

FeeRideRules
    Apr 2009
    I'm using fox dirtpaws in a medium size
    ILIKENORTHSHOREANDICANNOTLIE
    glory, glory hallelujah...

any1 guess what bike I ride?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Check out this thread, pics and everything

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...96#post5622696

Ignore the road bike gloves at the end though...

Now with More Wood
    The old Fox Bomber gloves, with the plastic carbon look-alike knuckle protection, are pretty much indestructible, comfortable, and protect well. I'm on my second pair in like 18 months, and the only thing I ever had to do to the original pair was stitch them back together slightly between the thumb and the index finger (the second pair also came apart there, so it must be some kind of manufacturing/design defect). Not all MTB retailers carry these, but easy to find from the MX guys.

EDIT: real easy to find...

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...ber+Glove.aspx

mtbr member
    Thanks iceman, those look pretty nice! Wish I could find them for $30.

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2058
    The old Fox Bomber gloves, with the plastic carbon look-alike knuckle protection, are pretty much indestructible, comfortable, and protect well. I'm on my second pair in like 18 months, and the only thing I ever had to do to the original pair was stitch them back together slightly between the thumb and the index finger (the second pair also came apart there, so it must be some kind of manufacturing/design defect). Not all MTB retailers carry these, but easy to find from the MX guys.

They're pretty good, I had a pair, but they get really really hot.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Now with More Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumba15
    Thanks iceman, those look pretty nice! Wish I could find them for $30.
    $39 seems to be the standard price these days. Probably worth the extra 9 bucks...

Jenson has them in case you missed the link I posted above.

AZ
    banned
    Dirt Paws

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Yup, the Fox are nice. They were in that thread, but its looks like the hotlinked image got deleted haha.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I had the fox bombers for a season and a half. Nice gloves but they are VERY hot in the summer. Great protection but they do come apart in the palms. I just bought the Oakley hand ratchet and they have been great so far. Very comfortable but not as much knuckle protection as the Bombers.

mtbr member
    my vote goes for royal racing pro glove.
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

Capricious youth...
    Gloves I love:

661 Raji
    Royal Pro
    Meh.

Now with More Wood
    OK you guys with the Royal Pros....how do they actually hold up? How much time you guys have on them? I need a lighter pair of gloves, and since I am a Royal whore anyway, these caught my eye for sure...

mtbr member
    I have a pair of Fox Unabomber gloves that I have been wearing for over 5 years and they are only now starting to come apart, but still work really well. They have the 2 outside carbon fiber knuckle protectors which is enough for me. If I am going to clip a tree or something else it is usually with the outside knuckles. They are also $30 instead of the $39 for the bomber gloves.

Fox Unabomber Glove

I just bought a pair of the Royal Pro gloves, and although no knuckle protectors I love thee comfort and feel that there is a decent amount of protection all around. Good luck

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Dakine Defenders

mtbr member
    OK you guys with the Royal Pros....how do they actually hold up? How much time you guys have on them? I need a lighter pair of gloves, and since I am a Royal whore anyway, these caught my eye for sure...
    i have about 20 hours at least riding with these gloves, including roasting hot (well for the uk lol) and complete and upper down pore all day, all the time they have held up great, grips good, very very little ware, id normally have put my thumb though the glove my now (i seem to have quite long thumbs in comparison to the ratios of others, fingers to thumbs) which is of course testament to their strength, i am impressed by them so far, and i will continue to use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

mtbr member
    I have almost no time on them, but overall I was really suprised at how much coverage they have, the comfort and relative protection. I took a spill this weekend with them straight over the bars into a bunch of rocks and my hand is a bit tender on the palm but you can't tell anything happened from the glove. I imagine I'll only get about 2 good seasons out of them but thats fine with me.

mtbr member
    Dirtpaws are great gloves considering how cheap they are. However they don't offer much protection in the event of a wreck. My only complaint (and this is with almost every glove I've owned) is the finger grips on the index and middle finger come off way to fast. I don't know if it exists, but I'd like to see a company make a sticky fiber they could stitch into the fingers that would hold up longer.
    "Solution to two of the world's problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry."

Jul 2009
    I just use my thor dirtbiking gloves. They work great for me. I wouldnt mind getting some for mountain biking though but why should i change if I like mine so much.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrix
    Dirtpaws are great gloves considering how cheap they are. However they don't offer much protection in the event of a wreck. My only complaint (and this is with almost every glove I've owned) is the finger grips on the index and middle finger come off way to fast. I don't know if it exists, but I'd like to see a company make a sticky fiber they could stitch into the fingers that would hold up longer.
    Use RTV.

Members who have read this thread: 0