Lizardskin armor--thoughts?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Lizardskin armor--thoughts?

I may cross post this to the AM forum but any thoughts on Lizardskin armor such as:

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/mtb-apparel-...40_134crx.aspx

Looks like a few positive reviews and I am looking for more all mountain-freeride protection than intense downhill so I'll sacrifice some robustness for comfort. Just looking for those JRA OTB incidents where a little knee/shin protection would be nice. I find when I have some armor on, it gives a bit more confidence to try things I wouldn't otherwise.

thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I wear those and love them. They're the best I've ever tried honestly. They are comfy and stay in position nicely. I've also landed on them a couple times and they absorbed every ounce of impact.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    those are what I'm currently wearing for DH/FR. only complaint is they are HOT in hot weather.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I haven't tried the knees, but I have the elbow/forearm guards with the soft cell neoprene. I went over the bars in a rock patch at Northstar, landed on my forearms and knees and walked away inscathed. I recommend them.

mtbr member
    I decided to buy the shin guards on a whim as I already had a pair of knee pads, it I didn't care for the race face stuff and at the time they were the only shin only option I could find at a good price. Also I gave me the option for no shin protection when I XC (have an expensive knee that is protected at all times).

I LOVE EM. If I replace anything, it will be with the softcell stuff. I can imagine in hot weather they get would prob get hot as pit mentioned, but it's cold here in SC/NC and I can wear shorts and still be warm.

I'd recommend them.
    Media Manager - Coming Soon
    Press Relations - Team Billy Goat Bikes - Mountain Khakis

mtbr member
    I have both the knee/shin & elbow/forearm pads. The are pretty comfortable and provide excellent protection.

Members who have read this thread: 0