Lightweight leg/arm armor for trail riding?- Mtbr.com
    Nervous Descender

Lightweight leg/arm armor for trail riding?

After a rocky ride yesterday where I had to walk a few sections in lieu of facing the painful penalty for failure, I'd like to invest in a good set of lightweight leg and arm pads for trail riding- which would preferably fit in a Camelback when not needed. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!
    Check out some of our local hills: CDRC (Capital District Road Climbs)

MTB SOCAL

Rock Gardn AirFrame

Quote Originally Posted by Adirondack Blues
    After a rocky ride yesterday where I had to walk a few sections in lieu of facing the painful penalty for failure, I'd like to invest in a good set of lightweight leg and arm pads for trail riding- which would preferably fit in a Camelback when not needed. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!
    I have been using Rock Gardn AirFrame pads for about 1 year. They are very light, breathable, and most importantly, don't move around once you strap them on. Most every other pads I tried tend to slide down on your leg when you pedal. You can check them out at their website www.rockgardn.com.

Samsonite Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Adirondack Blues
    The Roach indies are very nice. And 661 has some knee/shin gaurds that are pedal good dont move, rub or slip. 3 velcro straps and plastic shell.
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

Jan 2004

Thanks for the heads up on the RGs, with so many people...

Quote Originally Posted by yangpei
    I have been using Rock Gardn AirFrame pads for about 1 year. They are very light, breathable, and most importantly, don't move around once you strap them on. Most every other pads I tried tend to slide down on your leg when you pedal. You can check them out at their website www.rockgardn.com.
    ...stashing their armor on the climbs, and wearing it only on descents, you'd think more manufacturers of it would give you some kind of idea how light and well ventilated it is. Much of the FR type terrain involves a lot of climbing on the descent too, so it definately has to be cool.

This is perhaps the first I've read of armor that has all 3 important FR features, good protection, good ventilation, and lightweight. The icing on the cake is that their pretty affordable too.

Just wish I could get their site to fully load, they must be doing construction on it.