Lightweight knee pads without taking off shoes?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Lightweight knee pads without taking off shoes?

Still haven't found a good set of lightweight knee pads (enduro riding) that you don't have to take your shoes off. Looking for all mountain set that you can pedal all day with them on and still be comfortable. Right now I have the Specialized Atlas pads which are very good. Comfortable and can ride with them on all day. However, you still have to take your shoes off.

Any suggestions?

20 LD Productions
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by aliikane View Post
    Still haven't found a good set of lightweight knee pads (enduro riding) that you don't have to take your shoes off. Looking for all mountain set that you can pedal all day with them on and still be comfortable. Right now I have the Specialized Atlas pads which are very good. Comfortable and can ride with them on all day. However, you still have to take your shoes off.

Any suggestions?
    Raceface Ambush work for me. However they are a in between lightweight and DH pads. It is very handy to be able to quickly take on/off and you can strap them to your frame for the long climbs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I've tried the Ambush and they are too much pad for pedaling and riding longer rides. I may try the Dakine Anthem knee pads but they may be about the same as the Ambush pads. It seems like companies would make a lightweight pad that you can put on and remove without taking off shoes, but there isn't many options.

mtbr member
    I agree it would be nice to have that feature in a trail kneepad. I have the RF Ambush for shuttle and park days, and IXS Flow for trail riding. I love the Flow kneepads so I'm willing to deal with removing my shoes to put them on.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I use 7idp covert knee pads and love them. But didn't like taking my shoes off after driving to trails. So now I wear them backwards low on calf when I get dressed, till I get to trail. And do the same thing for drive home when I'm done riding.

mtbr member
    I have the Specialized Atlas pads. So far, they are the most comfortable I have found for longer rides but still kinda a pain to get on/off. Also, have Fox Launch Enduro pads but they are very tight and a pain to put on/off as well.