Light shoes / light pedals - Suggestions?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Light shoes / light pedals - Suggestions?

First post in this forum. Trying to lighten the load. I'm lookin for:

1) Mtn Shoes: only limitations are I'd like something I can walk a little in - for those times I have to push my SS up a hill. Do not want laces. Light - but sturdy.

2) Pedals: only limitations - light but not fragile

Any suggestions or just put down what you use (and their weight if you know it) is greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Trying to keep pedals under $100 and shoes around $100 as well. Thanks in advance for any help.

Ride,Smile, Pedal Damn it
    I'm a big fan of Crank Brothers, eggbeaters or candy both are under 300gm. They have three or four versions of each. DON"T buy the cheapest ones. Check out chart at CrankBrothers site and get info on all versions, then pick up a set from some where that supports IMBA. . The cheap versions can't be rebuild and WILL destruct in less than a year. Other versions can be rebuild. Pedals are light and easy to get in and out.
    As for shoes, i don't know. I got a pair from Pricepoint w/ eggbeater pedals. Cheap pedals are shot, shoes are holding up. "Ride and smile"

mtbr member
    Look Quartz and Shimano SH-M086

mtbr member
    Thank you very much for the responses. I had about given up on this thread.

If I go eggbeater way it would be SL version at the cheapest - thanks for the advice.

Trying to learn about Shimano - do not know much about them.

My current set up is CB Mallets (very heavy) and cheap Time intro. shoe that is 2 years old now (but holding up well).

Any other suggestions appreciated.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    the new mavic razor shoe is surprisingly really nice for the price. I won a pair at a race and was very impressed, plus weight was not that bad and I think they retail for like $125.

Personally I would avoid Crank Bros. as I have never seen anything good from their pedals. Take a little weight penalty and get something that will last.

No longer 26
    I have found the Adidas Adistar XC to be a nice, light shoe. Can usually be found around that $100-125 price range.
    G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

Members who have read this thread: 0