Light Flat Shoes- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Light Flat Shoes

I'm using a pair of fox shoes I picked up for $20 on they are 507g each and feel pretty heavy by the end of the day.

Looking for something different...read all the 'five 10's are awesome' threads but it's hard to get past the fact that they look like a skate shoe designed by someone in the woodtech class and they are not that must lighter 408g for the freerides?

Anybody have any other suggestions on something lighter with a little more cool, love white velcros!

mtbr member
    Still have not picked up some new shoes...

Paste eater
    Flat shoes just aren't really designed or suppose to be light. Thing is, once riders REALLy start caring about the weight of their shoes, they make the obvious leap to clips. Also, flats need to be nice and wide, stiffish and all rubbery sticky. Add all that up and there isn't a whole lot of room for weight wienies.

Now, with that being said, one can certainly choose a shoe that's a liitle lighter. I know the 5.10 freerider Pro is a bit lighter as are the Teva Links. Those are the only two shoes i'd consider outside of the Impacts & Sam Hills.

Members who have read this thread: 0