Which Light Body Armor?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Which Light Body Armor?

Hi,

I'm considering trying some lightweight body armor. I have knee and elbow pads but I'm thinking of some kinf of lightweight jacket armor. My boss is pretty unforgiving of sporting injuries (he pretty much got rid of someone eho broke her arm sking).

Any suggestions. I'm not downhilling or freeriding. I just want something to take the edge off if I had a spill.

Takin'er easy
    Best for the $:
    http://www.go-ride.com/SPD/*new*-661...1252970403.jsp

There is also some super-expensive options from Spider and POC. I'm sure both work great.

newless cluebie
    Sep 2009
    What kind of job has a boss that thinks it's grounds for termination if you injure yourself outside of the workplace? :P

You'd better be some runway supermodel or something.. "Got wrongful termination?"

mtbr member
    If you can work out who it is in my profile pic you will guess the occupation.

mtbr member
    i use to use this, in my pre xc days very light and does the job, http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_661...3-a2f5afd07716. If you want to pm me i am actually looking to get rid of it since i have no need for it. Its practically brand new, let me know..good price.

dt3

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I run a Race Face Armor Jacket and it suits the type of riding I do perfectly (AM/light FR/light DH). IMHO, it's not heavy enough for hardcore DH use, but I love it. It fits under a baggy jersey and is still ok on the AM climbs. Here's a review I found online with pics:
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/racefac...cket-2008.html
    Last edited by atchipmunk; 01-30-2010 at 11:29 AM.

meow meow
    body armors not gonna stop a broken arm...

mtbr member
    Out of lightweight options, Dainese Eco inner short with thin side padding had been quite effective at reducing bruising on hips after falling on the side.

But then if your boss is checking out bruises on your hips...

I do also wear Deuter Attack backpack. It got a build in spine protector - not as good as a dedicated back protector, but should help..

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    To add to the discussion, I got to click a couple of pics of my RF Armour Jacket today...both with and without jersey so you can see how much bulk it adds....

Threw on my TLD Elbow guards as well for the with-jersey pics. The RF JAcket definitely adds a bit of bulk, but it's not excessive IMHO. Hope this helps...

Members who have read this thread: 0