• 10-25-2016
    lardo5150
    Leatt Knee and Shin Guard 3DF Hybrid
    Anyone own these?

I am mainly concerned with how the "soft" knee protection will hold up doing DH riding and crashing, vs a hard shell knee protector.
  • 10-25-2016
    LinkyPinky87
    Just go a hardshell?
    Like the IXS Cleever?
  • 10-27-2016
    coalt45
    I have the knee guards. I really like them. With the velcro above and below the knee they really stay in place. I ride up the hills and they never give me a problem. As far as protection thankfully I've only tested them twice. Wasn't of a jump just washed out on a corner and one other time doing something stupid. Held up well other than dirt they still look brand new.
  • 10-27-2016
    lardo5150
    Quote:

Originally Posted by coalt45 View Post
    I have the knee guards. I really like them. With the velcro above and below the knee they really stay in place. I ride up the hills and they never give me a problem. As far as protection thankfully I've only tested them twice. Wasn't of a jump just washed out on a corner and one other time doing something stupid. Held up well other than dirt they still look brand new.

How do you think they compare protection-wise to plastic?
  • 10-27-2016
    coalt45
    I think the would hold up well. I'm not super crazy but I feel they would and have protect me if I go down. Felt the same about plastic shin guard while riding dirt bikes. I cracked a knee guard while on my MX bike want a hard fall but hit just right I guess. Personally I went with what I felt was more comfortable on longer rides.
  • 11-10-2016
    venturalocal69
    I use those exact pads for dirt biking. Love them. I too was concerned about the "soft" feel of the knee protection, but they turned out to protect really well. I was using Fox Titan Pro's (hard plastic) and had a few good crashes on those. The impact on the hard plastic doesn't feel good. My two cents.