Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Leatt EXT vs iXS Cleaver knee/shin guards

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  probiscus 
#1 ·
Hey all! It may be a long shot but does anyone have any experience with either of these guards? They look to be almost identical with a couple tiny differences. I currently have the A* moabs and they are great but mine are getting old and would like to try something new. Thanks!

#3 ·
I went ahead and purchased the Leatt EXTs from Jenson. I thought the MOABs were pretty awesome but wished they had some inner knee padding as I hit my knee on the top tube of my bike occasionally. The Leatts are in my opinion better than the MOABs. They are super comfortable and I never noticed I was wearing leg armor. They are bent at the knees but don't seem to protrude as much as the Moabs did, and flow better while walking. The Velcro is where I was impressed with these. They used a plasticy type material for the rough part and it was pretty smooth against the skin. They get warm when standing around but that is to be expected. They are $10 cheaper than the iXS Cleavers but look very identical aside from a couple small details.
I did crash in them knee down in a rock garden and didn't feel a thing. I think the 3DF padding inside is great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.