Leatt Club GPX brace and DOT helmets- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Leatt Club GPX brace and DOT helmets

So I picked up a Leatt Club brace, and have a Fox V3 DOT helmet. Most of the pics showing mobility on this site are using standard DH helmets, not DOT helmets. My problem is that I can't tilt my head up (back) enough when riding downhill, and the back piece of the brace is slammed all the way down. Anyone else have this setup and have this problem?

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by MqtRider
    So I picked up a Leatt Club brace, and have a Fox V3 DOT helmet. Most of the pics showing mobility on this site are using standard DH helmets, not DOT helmets. My problem is that I can't tilt my head up (back) enough when riding downhill, and the back piece of the brace is slammed all the way down. Anyone else have this setup and have this problem?
    I have used mine with a Troy Lee SE2 and didnt have an issue. Are you using the straps that go around your waist? If not, give that a try cause they help keep the brace tighter to the shoulders resulting in less float.

Bike Ninja |||
    I run it with a 661 flight with only the slightest bit of that issue.

i just am used to it by now and look up more than usual. Doesn't bother me in the least bit.

if you are running the 12* thoracic piece, try the 10* instead.
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

Jul 2006
    I think I read somewhere that the fox has issues with the leatt.
    I run a troy lee Se2 which is a DOT + Snell approved moto lid with no issue.

I also recommend wearing the straps that come with the leatt brace as they help to keep it low on your shoulders.
    Its also possible to adjust the brace to the lowest position to give you more room to tilt your head up.

I've read that you can flip the plastic parts that connect the two halves of the leatt upside down which gives you even more room to tip your head back.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I have a v3 with my leatt club brace. I dont even run it all the way down and it seems fine to me even on steep trails. To get more room the black plastic piece that the adjusting bolts screw into, flip them upside down because they are shaped with a little lip.
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

Members who have read this thread: 0