Leatt Brace and Body armor- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Leatt Brace and Body armor

My son has a Leatt Brace and is looking for a body armor that fit well with it
    He has a Kenny Body armor and it dosen't fir very well
    Any ideas ?

-> SickLines.com <-
    Check out RockGardn out.

mtbr member
    thanks i will try

3 "fiddy" for short
    Dainese is also compatible. I have the Race jacket and it works just fine with the Leatt.

on a routine expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by be350ka
    Dainese is also compatible. I have the Race jacket and it works just fine with the Leatt.
    What year is your Race Jacket? Does the Leatt attach to it or are you using the straps?

Sorry about all the questions. I'm interested in getting some kind of neck protection before my trip to Whistler.

mtbr member
    How you put the leatt barce, on top of the dainese ? do you use the strap ?
    Do you put the jersey over it or under the Leatt Brace ?

I Welcome All
    rock garden

3 "fiddy" for short
    Okay, Dainese and Jersey questions, no problem.

I use the front strap only on the Leatt when in use with the Race jacket ('06 or '07). I have experimented with the back strap, but it adds some difficulty to the process when putting it on. So, for the first part of the season I plan on using the front only.

See the pics below and ask any other questions you may have. But, let it be known that I havnt used it on the trails yet. When the weather breaks and I get back from HI I will be sure to try it out.

FWIW, I am really excited about using this brace this season. I have couldnt help notice how many neck injuries have made their way to these boards, and to say the least it scares me. A LOT!!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

mtbr member
    thanks a lot it is clear now

mtbr member
    I just got a Leatt brace for an upcoming trip to Whistler, and although it fits really nicely with my Rockgardn armor, I can't figure out how to get a jersey over it. Did you cut the neck on your TLD jersey?
    I'd put the neck brace and strap outside the jersey, except the front of the brace has to tuck under the chest plates (I took the spine plate off in favor of a camelback).

Also, I recall seeing a video somewhere about modifying jerseys to work with a Leatt; does anyone have a link?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I have one for moto and we wear them on top of the jerseys with the straps on the outside
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy
    I have one for moto and we wear them on top of the jerseys with the straps on the outside

I'd totally do that but i've got body armor underneath, and the leatt needs to tuck inside of the body armor. Even if I take the back plate off the armor, the brace still needs to go inside the chest plates rather than sit on top... I guess I'll have to cut slits in my jersey if I want it to work..

******ed or Branded??
    Alright, Bumping this back up to find out if anyone else has more info on other type of body armour that fits with the leatt brace alot better. I have a rock gardn flack jacket and it kind hard to fit the leatt with it. So I am shopping for a better body armour to go with the neck brace.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    Alright, Bumping this back up to find out if anyone else has more info on other type of body armour that fits with the leatt brace alot better. I have a rock gardn flack jacket and it kind hard to fit the leatt with it. So I am shopping for a better body armour to go with the neck brace.

What FlakJacket you got doodoo? The newer white ones are supposed to be Leatt compatible. You got the older black one? If you want to try my newer FlakJacket with your brace you can.

mtbr member
    The new 661 Core Saver is designed to work with a Leatt brace. See ad in the Jan/Feb 2009 Decline.

******ed or Branded??
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    What FlakJacket you got doodoo? The newer white ones are supposed to be Leatt compatible. You got the older black one? If you want to try my newer FlakJacket with your brace you can.

Yeah I got the black version. How much of a diffence is the new one to the old one that I have. And how is the armour compatible to the leatt. Are there snaps to connect to or access cut out to run the straps that come with the brace? With the older one I feel alot more bulkier with the neck brace on cause you have to work around the suit to fit it some how.
    I went to there site and it did not say much but for the Jr. version all is said is that it's compatiable. I think I am a little to large for a Jr. jacket!

******ed or Branded??
    Quote Originally Posted by SOCAL_STINKY
    The new 661 Core Saver is designed to work with a Leatt brace. See ad in the Jan/Feb 2009 Decline.

Thanks for the info. Well be checking it out on their website.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    Yeah I got the black version. How much of a diffence is the new one to the old one that I have. And how is the armour compatible to the leatt. Are there snaps to connect to or access cut out to run the straps that come with the brace? With the older one I feel alot more bulkier with the neck brace on cause you have to work around the suit to fit it some how.
    I went to there site and it did not say much but for the Jr. version all is said is that it's compatiable. I think I am a little to large for a Jr. jacket!

It says the regular FlakJacket is compatible too. I think the neck opening is bigger for the Leatt to fit through. Like I said, if you want to try mine on, your welcome too, its a XL so it should fit you.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Anyone tried the EVS brace? I hate to harp on the price of a Leatt but good-god!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I mainly just wear my brace and not a pressure suite. However I will note that the Leatt brace works with the 661 pro pressure suite but the front of the brace sits a little funny on the chest protector. The back fits fine between the spine protector though.
    I like rice.

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    Anyone tried the EVS brace? I hate to harp on the price of a Leatt but good-god!

There's the Leatt Club now that's cheaper.

The EVS is basically just a neck roll, not in the same protection league as the Leatt, imho.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Members who have read this thread: 0