At Least He's Wearing A Helmet...- Mtbr.com
    ~Disc~Golf~

At Least He's Wearing A Helmet...

At most???...
    Honestly... ahh I give up

since 4/10/2009
    too bad the helmet isn't on right (sitting far to the back of his head) and he's about to face plant.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Oh feck me that is going to hurt.

I hoped a wall once and my front wheel fell out. Didn't hurt too much but I didn't land on my chin.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMajor
    Didn't hurt too much but I didn't land on my chin.
    My No. 1 hospital visit - stitches to my chin - I think I have 12 so far (since I was 4) - everything from bikes to trampolines to skateboards to bar-brawls...

My latest was a year ago, MTBing. We rode too far for the available light, so on the way back (pitch black-ish), rollin DH on double-track, I hit a diagonal wash about 8x8.
    My front wheel drops, sliced-left and I go face-first to the Earth.

Sucks tho - I ruined a great goat-tee I was werkin on b/c they had to shave it.

dirtbag
    Riding stupid makes for the best learning experiences. Bet he won't try that again without learning proper technique. For approaching the drop off and body positioning, not augering into the cement LOL!
    Amolan

1/2 fast or 1/2 assed?
    Thats messed up! You go push a little kid, take a pic of it, then go make fun of him on the forums.
    I'm a ******bag in real life so I dont have to be one on the interwebz.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    he will get over it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    He's just going for a Vander-Roll. Always be in the BMX state of mind.

mtbr member
    I feel bad just seeing that. A part of life but still hate to see kids getting hurt.
    Teach me the way..

Ride Instigator
    Dad mighta' shoulda' dressed him in full face and DH armor for that stunt...and taught him to pull up on the bars and get his weight back!

I'm with stupid
    I give the kid props for his sac i know grown men that would not have tried that little drop. Next time he will get it right.

the test dummy
    looks painfull
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

pedal pusher
    I see sooooo many parents and kids riding the rail-trail with their helmets set so far back that they may as well not be wearing one.

BMX:Our Shining Future

bar-brawls

Being a responsible type of mountain bike rider I do posssesss a fulll body armor suit that any medieval knight would envy. I tested it out by throwing myself down a large set of stairs head first. So. I'm out for a ride and gettting thirsty stop in at the local bar. Wearing my shining armour. Guy sez to me: "I don't like bikers. You jerks have tighter buttts than the rest of us and parade around in tight litttle shorts." And as I am downing my seventh triple tequila and grapefruit juice (trying to lose a litttle weight) it crossses my mind. That the dude could beat me for ten minutes with a two by four and not cause a bit of pain. I sez back to him: "care to step out into the parking lot and check out my steeed?"

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    Being a responsible type of mountain bike rider I do posssesss a fulll body armor suit that any medieval knight would envy. I tested it out by throwing myself down a large set of stairs head first. So. I'm out for a ride and gettting thirsty stop in at the local bar. Wearing my shining armour. Guy sez to me: "I don't like bikers. You jerks have tighter buttts than the rest of us and parade around in tight litttle shorts." And as I am downing my seventh triple tequila and grapefruit juice (trying to lose a litttle weight) it crossses my mind. That the dude could beat me for ten minutes with a two by four and not cause a bit of pain. I sez back to him: "care to step out into the parking lot and check out my steeed?"
    rofl

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    pic?

Don't need a pic - the visual in my head is good enough.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneescar
    Don't need a pic - the visual in my head is good enough.
    no, Dave usually posts a hot chick with all of his posts...

Blue Pig
    I face planted on the corner of a curb once... boy did I stain the **** out of the sidewalk.
    Ragley Blue Pig

Members who have read this thread: 0