Latex free gloves- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2013

Latex free gloves

Hi,

I hope I'm in the right section of the forum.
    I'am experiencing this allergy reactions, rashes and itching on my hands lately and i suspect it to be because of gloves/ grips. I've talked to my doctor and ofc. did my own researches on the nets and it all rounds up well. So i was thinking to get myself some silicon? grips and some latex free gloves to see if this will eredicate the problem. Does anyone have any idea where to look for good MTB latex free gloves? Do they even exist? Or is there any latex in mtb gloves at all?
    Last edited by kinserk; 11-14-2014 at 05:10 AM.

mtbr member
    i didnt know there was latex in gloves or grips

if you take a break from riding, does it go away. i was just thinking, its being caused from something else

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Are you sure its not just heat rash? Do you have a latex allergy normally?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Yea it's wierd to me to. I never had this kind of troubles, but doc said it might be from grips or gloves, since the rashes comes out realy hard after a day of riding. And then he went on, something about latex alergies, so i asumed there could be some latex in grips if not in gloves. And this all started something like 2 months back, when I was prepairing for last 2 races of the season ever day after work. I did take into consideration exoustion to and fail of immune system and related everything to that, but just want to pinpoint the problem out. I realy don't want to go for a ride atm cuz I don't want to be all itchy again.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Do you wash your gloves?
    Friend is running silicone grips and likes them. As for gloves, hard to tell. Latex content is not something they advertise. Some gloves do have grippy patches and/or armor patches that might.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Ye I have 3 pairs of gloves and always use fresh gloves. I'll se what will hapen now with new grips. My old lizardskins was real sticky and oozy from all the sweat they went throu, so maybe they were the reason for some weird reaction to my skin. Dunno.

mtbr member
    I pretty sure I'm allergic to neoprene. I got a rash on my knees from my old pads. I replaced with neoprene free POC's and am cured. It's a common materiel in gloves as well.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Wow. Thats yet another option, since i've got a rash on my knee to after using IXS knee pads. It was a whole day of shutling tho and didn't bother to strip them on the upshutles. I'l take a look at that also. Which gloves you use now to avoid this issue?

mtbr member
    I picked up some Giro DND gloves from Jenson. They have been very durable for me. No neoprene.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."