Larger size shoes- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Larger size shoes

All,

I normally wear a 13 wide shoe. as I ride more and feet swell my Lake shoes are a bit uncomfortable. Having trouble finding shoes much bigger than 13's. Rocket7 is way to expensive. Any guidance???

mtbr member

How long have you had them?

I also wear a US size 13, but not really wide. Is the width where the problem is?
    Are the shoes broken in yet? Bike shoes are supposed to fit pretty snug, a good bit tighter than normal shoes, and will stretch some as they break in. You really don't want much play in the shoe, especially at the time of purchase, since they stretch over time.

One thing to try before you invest in another pair, is to get them soaking wet, and go for a long ride. It will help them stretch in all the right places.

** I use a Specialize Comp shoe, and I know they had wide, half sizes, and larger sizes. I think the guy told me he could order up to a 15. The sizes run big too. I ended up with a 12.5 that was kinda tight in the store, and now they fit like a glove.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    My shoes are abour 2 years old. As I have decided to do some distance races I have notices hot spots aand a tighter shoe. I wonder if bike shoes should be bought like running shoes? A half size larger to work with swelling over time in run or in this case saddle.

Members who have read this thread: 0