Lake shoes (not wide) vs. Giro HV- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Lake shoes (not wide) vs. Giro HV

I read a lot of people say Lake shoes are on the wider side of cycling shoes even in their standard size. I have a pair of Lake road shoes that are wide and if anything...they might be slightly too wide. I found a fantastic deal on the mountain bikes shoes I really want but only in the standard size.

I'm currently in a pair of Giro Privateer HV that are just slightly too tight and cause some outer foot/toe numbness so I need something that fits better than they do.

I was wondering if anyone ever had the chance to compare the standard Lake to the Giro HV?
    Super snowflake = when an avatar offends you so much you have to cry about it and report it to admin. Life must suck for you.

mtbr member
    Just to update...I emailed Lake and they stated that the MX237 is the widest shoe currently on the market as far as they know. That includes standard and wide size. They suggested that since the HV is slightly tight and my Lake road shoe in wide was maybe a little too wide...that I should be g2g in the standard size of the MX237. So I ordered a pair to see how they fit. I'll update this again once they get here and I try them on.

The Lake website has a great sizing chart and Giro not so much. Using the width measurement provided by Lake and comparing to the poor attempt at measuring the inside of the Giro...it looks like the standard Lake is a few mm wider than the Giro HV so that should give me just that tiny bit of extra room I need and the Lake being 100% real leather uppers...they should also stretch slightly and better conform to my foot than the synthetic Giro upper.
    Super snowflake = when an avatar offends you so much you have to cry about it and report it to admin. Life must suck for you.